Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Hunting aint hunting anymore >

Hunting aint hunting anymore

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Hunting aint hunting anymore

Old 01-21-2005, 06:56 AM

Default Hunting aint hunting anymore

I was watching Realtree Outdoors today and these guys were hunting in south texas. Well as soon as I heard that I knew there was going to be some big bucks being killed!!!! Man I wasn't wrong. I knew these deer were going to be hard to hunt when I see Bill Jordan hobling to his ground blind with his crutches Anyhow needless to say Jordan kills a monster, Jeff Foxworthy kills a monster and the famous Micheal Wadell kills a real nice 9 point(I guess he's not rich enough to pay the B/C prices yet). I hand to visit this ranches web sight to see just how much it would cost for me to be a REAL HUNTER like those guys Something like $7,000-$8,000 to become a real hunter...

Just figured I throw that out there incase there are some Doctor, Lawyer, Corperate buisness types out there that are looking to put another monster on there wall
Old 01-21-2005, 07:40 AM

Default RE: Hunting aint hunting anymore

Ouch! That is lots of dough for deer!
Old 01-21-2005, 02:38 PM

I am a doctor and I could not and would not pay those kind of prices for a deer hunt. I will content myself to keep hunting on public lands in California and if I get something, I can take satisfaction in knowing that it was the result of hard work and skill and not spending an obscene amount of money on a "trophy moment" that was pre-arranged.

Californiadoctor
Old 01-21-2005, 02:51 PM
Typical Buck

I think there should be a difrant book to put these deer and elk in. They should not be in the same class with the deer that people kill on public land [ non farm reased].There is many people that hunt hard to get a nice kill and they are pushed down in the rank by feed farm rased deer[NOT RIGHT]

What it comes down to now is with money you just go buy a PY buck or any animal for that matter.This is not right to the avrage guy,but the avrage guy dose not get to make the laws.
Old 01-21-2005, 02:52 PM
Fork Horn

I don't usually post too much anymore just read but I could not help myself because I was just thinking also how much hunting has changed. It is what ever the market will bear, it's about the money. I feel bad for those that would like to take the once in a lifetime hunt ....
Old 01-21-2005, 05:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think that there might be other options for those urban or near urban dwellers that want a lifetime experience--you could do it yourself on public land here in the west for much cheaper, but you would have to face the reality that you may come away empty-handed. The good news is you could probably try a couple of times for what a fully outfitted hunt would cost. I'm sure it would be much more rewarding. your research and leg work would offset money going to someone else.
I think that game farm animals shouldn't be let in any book--Also I think there should be seperate categories for having a guide or do-it-yourself.
hb
Old 01-21-2005, 06:51 PM

all your bitchin on here could be spend scouting and shooting deer not complaining about how someone else chooses to spend there money.
Old 01-21-2005, 06:52 PM

i dont get why you people take it so hardly that those hunters kill deer that are bigger than yours. sounds like your jealous of him and the rest of the hunters on tv shows or such. Atleast they admit to hunting on a ranch un like some other people who hunt on a ranch and dont admit it. If he wants too hunt the easy un chalenging way let him but for me i wory about how i hunt and thats enough for me i dont wory about other peoples animals im proud with the meat i eat not the trophys on my wall.
Old 01-21-2005, 07:10 PM

The truth is that there are a lot of guys with more money than brains and balls. Some of these guys see it as a status symbol to have the biggest heads on their wall, but they will not or cannot do it without high fence hunting or guides. They are too lazy to get in shape, and too incompetent to research a hunting area.

eI like a nice trophy and I have some nice heads (this years caribou soon to be added and hopefully a big Afognak Brownie in another three months). Still, to me there is just something about doing-it yourself that makes the trophy a little sweeter. Packing that critter out 2 miles on your back a piece at a time, then enjoying the meat all winter long and maybe if you are lucky, the antlers or head for a lifetime.

For other guys, its all about inches of horn. Whatever, let them have it. Those of us who have slept on gravel bars with the wolves howling, frozen in freezing rainstorms, and crawled through the cholla with the rattlesnakes have our own trophies that these guys never will -- the memories and satisfaction of doing it yourself.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:13 PM

Well said AlaskaMagnum, I couldn't agree more. I personally have never had an animal measured, don't care too either. I like the big ones, but for my wall, not my ego.

Quick Reply: Hunting aint hunting anymore

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.