Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Trespass elk hunt

Old 12-25-2004, 08:37 AM

Default Trespass elk hunt

I'm looking for a private ranch to hunt on for a trespass fee. Anyone have any experience with any ranches. I would prefer Colorado but would be open to any state. I have about 8 years elk hunting experience with a little luck on public land. I'm ready to spend a little to increase my chances. Thanks
Old 12-27-2004, 08:15 AM

Default RE: Trespass elk hunt

I was born and raised in Colorado. I know that it is hard to find a ranch that will let you do that without paying a very expensive fee and usually for a guided hunt. You have to just get lucky and fall into something. We have always hunted public land. You just have to be more active then the rest of the people around you meaning, go farther in, go higher and work harder. Sorry can't be of more help. If I hear of someplace out there then I will let you know.
Old 12-27-2004, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Trespass elk hunt

I have hunted a ranch several times near Glenwood Springs CO that holds good elk hunting. Last time I heard, it was $1500 for a very nice cabin to stay in and hunting the private ranch (roughly 2000 acres). There should be some good deer on there too, but I never hunted for them. It is premier hunting in Archer/blackpowder/first rifle season. Don't know much how the later seasons would be. Email me directly if interested.