Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 canada moose semi-guided hunts >

canada moose semi-guided hunts

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

canada moose semi-guided hunts

Old 11-17-2004, 12:48 AM
Fork Horn

Default canada moose semi-guided hunts

hi all,
anybody ever try one of these? i realize that the hunting is really tough due to the density of the forest, but lotsa people are doing it, so it must be possible. any good experiences with certain guides?? any bad? im really looking to try this, but am not sure where to start
thanks in advance
brad
Old 11-17-2004, 07:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: canada moose semi-guided hunts

huntnmuleys:

Unfortunately I have only questions for you and not the information you requested!

How much do these semi-guided hunts cost, ball park figures? What do the licenses cost? Is there a license lottery and if so what are the drawing odds? Where in Canada are you looking at moose hunting?
Old 11-17-2004, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

In Ontario for example you can use an outfitter and buy a bull tag from him, no need to enter the draw if you buy a tag. I think a non resident tag would run you around 250 bucks and a good outfitter would run $1000-2000 for an unguided week long hunt in a good area. You should also check out Newfoundland.
Old 11-17-2004, 01:07 PM

Terry,

Is that a "fly in" trip?
Does the $1000-2000 include lodging and meals and is that Canadian or USD?

EKM
Old 11-19-2004, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

EKM,
You can find "european plan" outfitted hunts which means a cabin and a hunting area. The outfitter can if he has any sell you a moose tag either bull or cow. A flyin hunt in a remote camp again with a tag purchased from an outfitter will likely run you around 2 grand. Most hunts are "european" which means you do your own cooking, hunting and no guides. Just a hunting area and some recon. EKM, if this sounds like something you want to try, I can do some looking around for you. As a resident I don't use an outfitter so can't recommend anybody off hand. Non residents basically have to use an outfitter unless you want to hunt calves only.The best moose hunting in Ontario is near the Ontario/Manitoba border. Little closer to you if that helps. You could drive that in a couple days easy. That would be in CDN dollars. If you want to try something different, have you checked the winter caribou thread in the OTHER AREAS section? Thats alot of fun too. Very different.
Old 11-20-2004, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

EKM,
FYI, don't know this outfit just saw an ad in an Ontario outdoors magazine.
www.hawkair.com
www.northsuperior.ca
www.klotzlakecamp.on.ca
Old 11-22-2004, 10:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Give this a try too......

www.travelmanitoba.ca

Ron
Old 11-24-2004, 07:54 PM

Check out www.airivanhoe.com

First class outfitter out of Foleyet, Ontario. Has several remote camps. Flys 2 Beavers & a Cessna 180

Cost is around $1000.00 Cdn per person. Probably need a minimum of 4 people and this would include a bull or cow tag

We've been hunting with them for many years. If you're interested in looking at photos etc of our moose hunt this fall go to: www.cindysmoose.funtigo.com gg.
Old 11-29-2004, 09:56 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys,

The outfitter I hunt with is Airedale they are in Wawa Ontario. Their website is www.ontariowildernessvacations.com they give us the flight to the lake the cabin, boats, motors, gas and a bull and cow tag. The cost is approx $1510 .00 Can. Good price for what we get and there outfit is top notch we have had amazing sucess rates to. If you want to go all out guided hunt i used to guide for Canada north lodge they do bear and moose hunts they are also an awesome outfitter although the cost is a lot more around $3200.00/US but they supply everything check out there website at www.canada-north.com

let me know if you have any questions.

Stephen
Old 11-30-2004, 07:04 PM

Syd
Your link to Ontario Wilderness Vacations doesn't seem to work?? I tried a couple of variations. Any suggestions? gg.

Further to above..... Found it. The address is www.ontariowilderness.com gg.

Quick Reply: canada moose semi-guided hunts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.