Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

lovely moose hunt

Old 10-04-2004, 08:38 PM
Fork Horn

Default lovely moose hunt

Well got back Saturday evening from our week hunting trip. boy the weather was brutal!! Hot Hot Hot!!..then snowed Thursday. Very cold Friday morning when I took this young fella....

All week long cow called and not one bull answered???.never seen a moose hair til i seen this one. but all in all a very nice trip

Here is a picture of me and my son

Old 10-04-2004, 08:56 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: lovely moose hunt

Well it sounds like it all worked out in the end and at least you weren't skunked like us. Our problem was the wind. The last three days of the week the wind was almost gale force. Pretty brutal for calling. Now some areas have 6 inches of snow and it'll be back into the warm temperatures by mid week. Weird weather this year.
That looks like a great bull for the table!
Old 10-04-2004, 10:18 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-05-2004, 02:50 AM
Fork Horn

I used a 7mm mag with 175gr Remington coreloc. I was very pleased with the expansion of the corelok mushroomed fully and held together
Old 10-05-2004, 07:06 AM

Cyrus you are not alone buddy.

I was hunting southwest of Flin Flon and the wind pretty much blew for the whole 2 weeks. Oh and did I mention that Sand flies and Mosquitos were out in full force(What is up with that). On plus side had a few meals of fresh caught Walleye and Ruff Grouse which were very tastey.

I did manage to call in 4 Moose but couldn't get them close enough for the shot(ARCHERY ARRG).

The sad thing is that on Monday and this morning have been near perfect moose calling conditions.(COLD, DEAD STILL, and CLOUDY) problem is that I am home now and have to work.[]

It is funny you never really consider the weather all that much but it is now apparent to me that it can make or break a hunting trip.
Old 10-05-2004, 08:52 AM
Fork Horn

HAHA!! No kidding eh, Corey!!
I woke up yesterday morning and let the dog out for a whiz. Not a breath of wind and a nice heavy frost.
"Lovely" I muttered. Of course I threw in a few 4 letter words to go with it.
Would have been a perfect morning. Made for a wonderful 1st day back at work.
The weather always seems to screw us over when it comes to moose. Yep, it sure makes a difference.
Old 10-05-2004, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on your bull moose!!
Old 10-05-2004, 07:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrat's on that young bull ,glad to hear you had a great hunt.I just returned from our hunt and the weather was brutal as well as the black flies and mosquito's.Unfortunately our hunt never ended as well as your's .We did have action and moose near, but they wouldn't commit to the call .I guess there's alway's next yrear .

nubo