Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

I leave Sept !st for Co.

Old 08-24-2004, 07:21 PM
Typical Buck

Default I leave Sept !st for Co.

Just took down our canvas tent from airing out packed it up been shooting my bow sence March Iam ready. packed up everything I need Iam out of here Wed moring the 1st. 17 hour ride and Iam in my happy place.

Look out all you tasty tender elk cause Iam comming to take you back to ILL. in a home made frezer!
Old 08-25-2004, 07:12 AM

Default RE: I leave Sept !st for Co.

Three days and counting here in Colorado. Fortunately I only have a 2 hr drive. Last week we had a dusting of snow above 13,000 feet and snow levels this weekend are supposed to drop to 10,000. No accumulations but a dusting is supposed to happen. Should be in the low 30's in the mornings. I hear the aspen are starting to change already, a little earlier this year than in the past.
Sitting at a meadows edge at 11,000 feet surrounded by a apsen grove in all it's beauty as the sun comes up over the mountain with the sound of elk bugling all around you is a magical time.
I think you will be pleasently surprised with how green the mountains are compared to the last few years. I don't think you will have any problems this year with fire bands.
Best of luck justhuntitall.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Justhuntitall! good luck to you on the hunt and hope your successful ,just be safe and bring us back some pic's to share with all of our friends .

nubo
Old 08-25-2004, 05:21 PM

I'll be right behind you. Sept.4th My son and I are there for 2 weeks. It has been 13 yrs. since I moved from there.( Northern Ill.now) and can't wait to get back and see elk again. Have a safe trip.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:01 PM

Sept. 15 th for me .I am going to Idaho looking forward to it. Good luck to all elk hunters
Old 08-25-2004, 10:37 PM
Spike

i got an early season cow rifle tag, sept. 1- sept 30. i guess it is to thin out the numbers in moffat county, CO before season starts and the elk get scattered. It will be nice cause i have only bagged one elk before, a cow two years ago. but then again im only 19. it seems like when we go up 1/2 of us tag one and i was only part of that 1/2 once. I think i am almost gureenteened to get one, this year. last year i let my step mom take the shot and that was the only opportunity we had cause we were there for only a weekend. three years ago i was out with my dads out of state friend and i let him take a small bull over me cause it was his first trip out west and it was the first day of the season.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:59 PM

Season opens August 28th!! Why wait until September??
Old 08-29-2004, 03:34 PM
Fork Horn

Drew state wide Muzzleloader bull tags for colorado...leaving the night of the 8th...5 total in camp..2 with muzzleloader tags and 3 archery tags...staying till the 25th
Old 08-29-2004, 07:19 PM

Leaving Oct. 14th for Colorada , looking for a big Bull Elk. Will be hunting Area 45
Old 08-29-2004, 08:23 PM

I'll be heading to CO. on the 8th from MN. to hunt in unit 45; by Holy Cross Wildrness. I hope I do not shoot your BIG ONE
GOOD LUCK

Quick Reply: I leave Sept !st for Co.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.