Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Bear hunting.

Old 08-08-2004, 10:27 PM

Default Bear hunting.

When bear hunting do you prefer to hunt from a tree stand,Or from the ground,

My self,I'm a firm believer in the code of nature,(You may not have read this code since it was written by a wiccan over 10 years ago),He was a hunter him self but he wrote this code based on the wiccan faith for hunters,

I won't go into it,But more or less he was saying if it doesn't fly,And you are in good health,Why take an unfair advantage such as a tree stand,

Now I'm not saying anything against hunting from a stand,I just feel the same as this guy,I won't that hunt to be on equal grounds,So I prefer not to even use a stand,Someone told me I'm crazy because that bear could kill be if I missed,(Well yeah,thus the equal grounds thing)

He also said that you have a much better chance of getting out without being hurt if you're in a stand,My reply was,( Well if it's your time to go and you are in a stand 30 feet off the ground then the stand will most likely fall with you in it and then you're legs and maybe even your back may end up broken and now you have no chance at getting a good shot)But if on the ground and that bear comes at ya,then you have just enough time to get one good shot off,Of course if it is your time you will most likely miss,But I'd rather have that chance than no chance.

I guess I'm just an old fashion hunter,I want my mind,senses,and bow or gun to be my biggest advantage,That way I can say it was one on one,me and that animal on an even playing field....Nature vs Nature,Man vs Beast.

Which do you prefer and way?
Old 08-09-2004, 07:05 PM

Default RE: Bear hunting.

I have hunted them both ways and ill tell yah what, total rush from the ground when the bear stuck his head in the window of my blind!

treestand is better choice for saftey issues bears are tottaly unpredictable, the way the wind and circle and are very courious only you can decide and your family
Old 08-09-2004, 07:08 PM
Typical Buck

Regarding the "equal grounds thing", remember that bears CAN climb trees also.
Old 08-10-2004, 01:37 AM

ORIGINAL: Deputy

I have hunted them both ways and ill tell yah what, total rush from the ground when the bear stuck his head in the window of my blind!

treestand is better choice for saftey issues bears are tottaly unpredictable, the way the wind and circle and are very courious only you can decide and your family
bears are tottaly unpredictable, the way the wind and circle and are very courious

I know that's the rush part,And that's why I said man vs beast predator vs predator. It's the fear factor.You know.
Old 08-10-2004, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you want to be equals with the animal you are hunting then why do you take a weapon at all ? It sounds odd to say that you don't want to use a treestand because you want to be equal right before you put a carbon arrow tipped with a four blade muzzy shot from a 300 fps machined aluminium bow right through his heart.
Old 08-10-2004, 07:33 AM
Dominant Buck

I won't hunt anything that considers me a food group ... []
Old 08-10-2004, 07:43 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: kevin1

I won't hunt anything that considers me a food group ... []

Old 08-10-2004, 08:24 PM

ORIGINAL: bearklr

If you want to be equals with the animal you are hunting then why do you take a weapon at all ? It sounds odd to say that you don't want to use a treestand because you want to be equal right before you put a carbon arrow tipped with a four blade muzzy shot from a 300 fps machined aluminium bow right through his heart.

Bear,Weight 200 lbs and up Hight 6 feet and up,Speed 45 to 50 mph,Claws 6" or more,Teeth,Some have canines over 5 inches,Jaw strength able to snap the thigh bow in less than a second, Why use any weapon?

Me,5'3",Weight 125 lbs,Finger nail length,Less than and inch from the tips of my fingers,Top speed,Less than 20 mph,Teeth,Smaller than a bears,Jaw strength,Unable to bite through a jaw breaker without chipping a tooth[:@],I said equal grounds not suicide...
Old 08-10-2004, 08:41 PM

by the way,that was meant to be thigh bone,not thigh bow,( Hey thigh bow,sounds like a new workout thingy.)lol.
Old 08-13-2004, 07:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've shot both of mine from stands. My brother in law shot one of his from the ground. I guess I have no preference.

Quick Reply: Bear hunting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.