Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Big pig kill...?

Old 07-29-2004, 11:24 AM
Typical Buck

Default Big pig kill...?

I came across this article...sounds a little fishy to me. Anyone ever heard of it?
C:\TEMP\CNN.com - Hogzilla thelegend grows - Jul 28 2004.htm

JDinAB
Old 07-29-2004, 12:00 PM

Default RE: Big pig kill...?

fake
Old 07-30-2004, 06:23 PM

The story isn't fake. The picture of the hog ran in the Mobile, Al. Press Register on Thursday. He was huge, easily could have weighed a grand. I personally saw a 712lb. hog killed in Nov. of 02', and this guy looks a lot bigger.
Old 07-30-2004, 06:26 PM

I'll say what I did in thw bowhunting forum about the subject. I doubt the pig weighed as much as it did. If you look at the only picture provided, the guy is standing at least an arms length away from the animal and he's nearly knee deep in a hole. I could make a 150lb buck look like an elk if I did the same thing. Granted, the pig may have been big, but no where near 1000lbs.

Also, if it were real, why only one picture? Why did he burry it? Too big to mount? Cop out. I smell BS.
Old 07-30-2004, 06:38 PM

i almost laughed when i heard the guys reasoning for not having the head mounted," it was too big".give me a break.it was also supposed to have surpassed the stated recored by close to 300lbs and he did not have it verified.why did he bury it so quick.ther first thing he would have done ,if honest,it take many pics and have it verified.he would then mount it on the wall for all the hunters to see.this is pure bs. this was just done to drum up business.standing back from a animal and in a hole will make any animal look very big. when stretched out a hog looks alot bigger than they really are.
Old 07-30-2004, 07:44 PM

I'd ask where it was buried to do some postmortum measuring.I'll bet he forgot where it was buried.LOL
Old 07-31-2004, 03:20 PM
Typical Buck

I saw a picture of this hog on a hunting forum here in Georgia, Washinton hunter and dep214 are on the money. I said it on that forum and I'll say it here, garbage, garbage, garbage. I grew up hunting hogs when we didn't have a deer season here and I'll tell you, they don't get that big in the wild. I've also seen a couple 600 lb hogs in the paper and magazine and would question those. I have been to hog farms to buy hogs for Bar B Qing and have never seen one that would even come close and those are fed out on premium feed and conditions, for breeding and cooking.

dog1
Old 07-31-2004, 04:50 PM

the biggest hog i have ever seen in the wild is about 600lbs.they had one here in texas a few years ago that was to have weighed 1200.it was not a wild hog.it was a high fenced hog that ws fed every single day.the very odd thing is that this ranch did not have the hog verified either.they did not have the head mounted either.they claimed the head alone weighed 350lbs.now you stop and think,would you have this mounted?i would have stood my wife up on our anniversay to get it mounted.very,very shortly after this the ranch owner said he had many other pigs this size on his ranch.there has been no mention of one being or seen since that story.wonder why?
Old 07-31-2004, 05:04 PM

Dep, I think this is the only thing you and I have ever agreed on!

I think most of these fairy tales are put out as promotional tools in order to raise more business for the ranch that the animal was "taken" on. It just doesn't make any sense. If i were to get a pig that big you had better beleive I'd be taking it all over town showing everyone I knew. I'd have dozens of pictures taken, and I'd sure as hell get it mounted. That is a trophy animal for sure.
Old 07-31-2004, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

thats a big pig dont get me wrong but hes in a ditch

Quick Reply: Big pig kill...?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.