Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Bare hand hog huntin

Old 02-24-2002, 05:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Bare hand hog huntin

Seen a show this morning from South Carolina. They were chasing hogs on horse back with dogs.When the dogs got the hog cornered the hunter would get off the horse and wrestle the hog and tie it up. They got a 350 lber . Are you going to try it????????
Old 02-24-2002, 09:05 AM

Default RE: Bare hand hog huntin

There are alot of texas hog hunters that do that all the time. You have to have some good catch dogs to be able to come up behind those things, grabing them by the back legs, flipping them on their backs the tying their legs.
Old 02-24-2002, 09:36 AM

boy and i got flamed for wanted to spear a deer. maybee if a just jumped on its back and tied it up i wouldnt off got soo much guff
Old 02-24-2002, 10:09 AM

saw that same show cardeer,we did that in my younger days in centeral Fla.
you ain't never had any fun till you have several dogs baying a big old mad boar hog in the plamatoes,and go in and grab a handful of back leg and hold on.you better hold on good,I got a few scares cause I didn't hold good enough.
you got to have some dogs you can trust to hold on though.
to old and to cripple for that now,thats memories.

I am not a hunter I am a whitetail population reduction specialest

remember keep your back to the sun, your knife sharp, and your powder dry.
Old 02-24-2002, 11:54 AM

I Hog hunted like that bout one month ago, it was lots of fun. Hogs will run to the thickest stuff they can find and then stand there ground against the dogs. It's hard to get to the hog sometimes because of all the briars and vines and yaupon but once you do you grab the back legs put them on there side and tie all 4 legs then pull the catch dogs off. Then you've got the chore of carrying out a large very unhappy hog and carrying him through all that thick underbrush. We also put duct tape around the snout to prevent anybody getting bitten, that can be tricky as well. You get cut and scratched up and minor bruises, and tired but it's lots of fun. The quality of you catch dogs makes all the difference.
Old 02-24-2002, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

CD, I'm going hog hunting sometime in the near future. I've considered trying the knife instead of bow...not made up my mind yet. Not sure if I got the hangy-down-things for it. LOL
Old 02-24-2002, 09:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I WOULDN'T MIND TRYING IT BUT I WOULD HAVE TO BE EITHER DRUNK, OR HAVE A 5 MILLION DOLLAR BET
Old 02-24-2002, 09:32 PM

I watch the Animal Planet channel a lot and once I saw the "Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin and his bizarre dog Sui catch a feral hog with his bare hands. He was in mud up to his knees and here he is holding this thrashing porker and telling the audience all about the feral pig problem in Australia. Too crazy.

I'll let Jimmy Dean catch my pigs for me!

The Mouse
Old 02-24-2002, 10:50 PM

i have a husband and wife that hunt with me . thats how they catch them. nicest people you'll ever meet but to see them work those hogs. man i would just shoot the thing. thats all they do is hog hunt. no derr or anything else. they say nothing else gives them the rush. yeahhhh.
Old 02-25-2002, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think I am into that one CD I would rather trust my DanWesson 445 supermag stoked with 300grs than my hands. Its just not for me.

Brian

Quick Reply: Bare hand hog huntin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.