Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

northeastern boar hunts?

Old 06-27-2004, 01:00 PM

Default northeastern boar hunts?

can anyone give me info on boar hunts in ny/pa ? i know theres a few game preserves but don't know anyone who's hunted them .was looking into tioga but hear nothing but bad things from my local sporting goods stores.any helpful info appreciated
Old 06-29-2004, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: northeastern boar hunts?

I went to a place called black boar hunting lodge in Wellsboro PA. Can't say if they're still in business. It was "hunting" in a glorified pen. Well, I drove there from NH, so I shot my hog and went home.

If your outfit tells you all hunts are guaranteed, you can bet it's not really a fair chase situation. If there is an enclosure, at least get them to tell you the acreage that is fenced. Then decide if you want to go.

I would really like to hunt hogs in a true fair chase scenario. I won't go to a fenced operation again.