Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Can you help me out here?

Old 06-21-2004, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Can you help me out here?

Here is a copy of the letter that I sent to the Montana Fish,Wildlife and Parks today, associated with the migration of bison from yellowstone.

To: [email protected].

I do not understand why the taxpayers and sportsmen of this state of Montana have to pay the MDOL, NPS, or the MFWP's to remove several hundred bison each year. Hunting is a management tool so lets implement it. It appears that several hundred permits could be available and therefore the revenue made from this could go back into the management of the bison. The bison herd definitely needs to be kept in cheque or hundreds will continue to die annually in the winter kill-offs.
There will always be protesters associated with hunting and they have laws in place for those who interfers with the legal harvest of any game.
I favor alternative #3 in controlling the bison numbers and I am very disappointed that primitive weapons will not be allowed as this is an very effective tool, especially in problem areas where safety is a concern.
Hunting is a management tool, lets use it and stop playing bureaucratic games.

Sincerely, Robert L. Mathis
ALS# ########
Resident and non-residents, please help us out here guys, right now its pretty much even and the anti's are tring to block this. It seems like its okay by them to let hundreds starve to death each year though.

Please click on [email protected] and state your opionion in supporting alternative plan #3. Thanks guys we need your support on this one.

If you want to read the entire plan click on http://www.fwp.state.mt.us/ as it is kind of lengthy.

Thanks again for your help, Bobby
Old 06-21-2004, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Can you help me out here?

I'm with ya on this one Bobby.