Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 dislikes about nonresidents. >

dislikes about nonresidents.

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

dislikes about nonresidents.

Old 06-15-2004, 07:44 PM
Typical Buck

Default dislikes about nonresidents.

Ok let me have it whats the number one thing that nonresidents do that ^%#&%# you off.

I hunt at least five diffrent states a year from the south, midwest to the west all on public ground no guides. What could I do to get along better with locals?

What I dont like is when people act like big spenders and flash thier money around.
Old 06-15-2004, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: dislikes about nonresidents.

I really don't know the diff between a resident or non until I see the license tag. I've been just as pi$$ed at residents as well as non as I have been on both sides of this, we're all out there for the same reason, just show some patience. Bobby
Old 06-15-2004, 09:31 PM

121553 said it all.
Old 06-15-2004, 09:35 PM

How would you know if they were a resident or not? Do they were a sign that says so?

Just curious, what do nonresidents do that pi$$es you off?
Old 06-15-2004, 09:56 PM
Typical Buck

You can tell a non- resident by his license plates!! But I too agree, that I can get along with anyone, Resident or not!!!! elknut1
Old 06-15-2004, 10:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can tell a non-resident by the way they talk, the truck they drive and the hunting gear they have. *USUALLY*

It's hard to say what you could do to get along better because everyone has their own standards for what they feel is rude, bad sportsmanship etc.

In my opinion, slob hunters are slob hunters no matter how much they paid for thier tag or what state they came from.
Old 06-15-2004, 11:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

BrutalAttack , pretty well covered it
Old 06-16-2004, 04:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

My one dislike about non-resident hunters. There lack of pre-season scouting & general knowledge of the area. I understand the reason for both. The problem is sometimes a hunter that has not scouted the area can ruin the hunting for everyone else, without even knowing it.
Resident hunters can make the same mistake also.
Old 06-16-2004, 06:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

In the area where we hunt you can kind of tell the "non resident".......they are all over the place on ATV's were as the residents are on foot.....I would have to say just due to lack of pre season scouting???
Old 06-16-2004, 07:21 AM
Typical Buck

Nothing personal guys!! But I see statements like these on many of the hunting sites. I can't help but think most you guys are hunting to close to the roads if you're seeing that much pressure either from residents or non residents. Get back aways and loose most that don't have the desire to do so, you'll see fewer hunters the further you get back off the beaten path!! elknut1

Quick Reply: dislikes about nonresidents.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.