Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Who has a great wife.

Old 06-14-2004, 07:29 PM
Typical Buck

Default Who has a great wife.

Ok any guy who hunts alot either has a great wife or no wife.

When I ask some of my friends to go hunting or plann a trip half the time they dont go or cancel because of there wives .

I have a great wife she very understanding I take off weeks on end and she knows Iam doing what I live to do she knows its spiritual. I even got her to hunt with me and she loves it . But she also knows that I need my own time to hunt and get away.

How is your guys wives?
Old 06-14-2004, 07:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Who has a great wife.

I had to laugh about this post for some reason. I am not married nor have a girlfriend so i'm free to go wherever and/or hunt
Old 06-14-2004, 07:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

My wife rarely complains about me hunting or fishing. She's pretty good about it. She knows when September comes around I will be hunting evry weekend and when October comes around I will be gone for almost two weeks. Barring any unforseen emergencies of course.
Old 06-14-2004, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been on a bowhunting trip my last two anniversaries & she said I should celebrate my 50th year in Bowhunting with a trip to Africa with a friend that is going in 2006. She has never Bowhunted but does go & film for me sometimes or just goes along to enjoy nature.
Old 06-14-2004, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

My wife plans on me being gone, even seems to be excited when I tell her when and for how long I'll be gone! Not sure that's a good thing or not[8D] All kidding aside, she knows that we may go hungry if I don't go and bring home some back strap, so she tells me to go and go often! Come to think of it, I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not either
Old 06-14-2004, 08:31 PM

i am taking my girlfriend bowhunting for her first time this year. i want her to start herself. she is seriously thinkni bout it.
Old 06-14-2004, 08:52 PM

I have the greatest wife one could have. I go elk hunting every year for a month and she goes with me. She used to hunt along side me until the tags just got too expensive. She still goes with me in the evenings. Last year she was with me when I took my bull, she even helps with the skinning and preping the meat to cool. In 1987 she aranged, refinanced the house, for me to go to Alaska on a caribou / moose hunt. But she took out extra life insurance on me, can you explain that. To date she has the bigger bull elk, maybe this year I'll get a bigger one. We are both gathering PP in Colorado for elk hopefully next year one of us will draw. Every year she makes sure we get our apps in for different states. What else could one ask for. Only one complaint she is a lousy cook so I do most of the cooking.
Old 06-14-2004, 11:11 PM

Well I'm not married or currently have a girlfriend. The girl I was seeing lived about a 1 mile from one of my favorite sporting goods stores. One day they were having a sale on ammo, so I stopped in and bought some. Doing this caused me to be late for a dinner date[] Seems she couldn't appreciate buying 6.5x55,.308 win at 30% off.
Old 06-15-2004, 07:10 AM
Typical Buck

I have a girlfriend who has hunted with me and loves to fish as well. She also understands that it's a way of life for me and if she doesn't like it then she knows where the front door is!!
Old 06-15-2004, 07:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

My wife comes from a hardcore hunting family and knows about the drive & passion that we all feel come hunting season.... although she doesn't understand it... She likes to bitch at me from time to time, but most of the time she's cool. Thank god for her family! We do have a little one on the way due in about 3 weeks... so, i'm not sure what to expect this upcoming season and her understanding of my time committment!

Quick Reply: Who has a great wife.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.