Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Big Game Bino Question: Leica V Swarovski >

Big Game Bino Question: Leica V Swarovski

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Big Game Bino Question: Leica V Swarovski

Old 04-10-2004, 03:28 AM
Fork Horn

Default Big Game Bino Question: Leica V Swarovski

I have to choose between:

Leica Duavid 10X42 or
Swarovski SLC WB 10X42

Same price.

Which one would you run with.

Application is glassing mountain Goats (Spotting.) at about 1/2 mile to 1 1/2 miles.
I'm leaning toward the swarovskis, but will value your opinions.
Old 04-10-2004, 06:53 AM

Default RE: Big Game Bino Question: Leica V Swarovski

No personal field experience with Leica but my Swarovski PV2.5 - 10 x 42 is at the top of the heap in my books. Wish I could afford to replace my Leupolds & Bushnells with Swarovski. gg.
Old 04-10-2004, 04:05 PM

they are both very good and expensive. i have the leica 12x50/i can look thru them all day and my eyes never get tired.i used my father in laws swarovskis for several years.they were great til the sun got real bright. the pic got somewhat distorted.i scratched a lens on my leicas. instead of putting in a new lens they sent me new binocs.
Old 04-12-2004, 09:07 AM
PLB

You can't go wrong with either. They are the best there is.
Old 04-12-2004, 11:12 PM

The best thing you can do is try both of them your self. Go to a good sporting goods store that carries them and ask to look through both pair your concidering. Make up your own mind. As said above, you can't go wrong with either pair. I bought a pair of Leica 10 x 42 about 8 years ago. I can look through them all day with no eye strain. They are a bit heavy but the walking they save is worth it. I use them for 3D also and can see exactly where my arrow lands. If you shoot IBO there is a restriction af 8 power. NFAA doesn't have a restriction i know of.
Old 04-12-2004, 11:52 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the replies guys.
I have used both of these binos in field situations, (Some of the guides I work with have them.) and both are superb.
Currently I use Stieners, but only 8X30 power, they are very good too, however side by side there is no comparison to the Leica's and Swarovski's. Both power and light gathering ability.
What I'm really looking for is any bad news/ negative comments from owners/users of Leica and Swarovski, there just doesn't seem to be any!!
Old 04-13-2004, 08:13 AM
DM

I have a pair of Zeiss, and a pair of Swarovski. You want a negative comment?? "ok", they are way too expensive!!! How's that??? :&gt

Drilling Man
Old 04-17-2004, 06:16 PM
Fork Horn

Alpen Apex 10x42 same clairity ,great in low light and 2/3's the Price and a Lifetime Warranty Alpen Outdoor
Old 05-06-2004, 08:09 PM
Fork Horn

Spoke to a local optics dealer, who has 20 years plus experience in dealing with both brands, he is reasonably unbiased toward either brand.
He did comment that he felt Leica's BR model were superior in brightness to the Swarovski E.L. The leica's B.R. 10X42 are not as expensive as the Swarovski E.L. 10X42.
He says he has never had to return a Leica product with defect, however he has had several cases of Swarovski fogging and one case of spots developing on inside of lens on swarovski.
Anybody else experienced these sort of problems?
Old 05-07-2004, 09:08 AM

I've had the Lieca 10 x 42 for some time. Never had a problem with them. They're bright, focus well, and I don't have eye strain after glassing all day. Love the fact that I can run them under the faucet to clean out the grit. I highly reccommend them.

Quick Reply: Big Game Bino Question: Leica V Swarovski

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.