HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Big Game Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting-6/)
-   -   What will you hunt this fall?? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting/56962-what-will-you-hunt-fall.html)

glob3006 03-25-2004 06:13 PM

What will you hunt this fall??

It may be a little early for some and others may be looking forward to spring hunts (include those to). But Colorado's big game license deadline is just over a week away and I was curious as to what and where all of you plan to hunt this fall and how you plan to hunt whatever that is?
Also.....what kind of tags are these? Do you have to draw through a lottery? Is it over the counter? ETC.

I myself, hopfully will draw a Bull Elk tag for unit 66 1st season rifle. Thats the big one for me!!! But I also have put in for a Bear tag,Dear tag and will purchase an over-the-counter muzzleloader cow tag. These will all be in Colorado (where I live).I also will be hunting antelope in Wyoming!
If I don't draw the Bull tag then I will muzzleload for bull,otc rifle cow and the others will stand.

bigbulls 03-25-2004 06:38 PM

RE: What will you hunt this fall??

OTC archery elk either sex tag, Draw cow tag - rifle, Draw mulie buck tag rifle (hopefully), Left over PLO doe tag good until Jan 31 of 2005. All in Colorado as well.

How nice it would be to get and fill all four tags. No beef to buy next year!:D

andy_o 03-25-2004 07:11 PM

With over the counter tags ill be hunting deer, and bear with gun and bow. Hopefully draw a moose tag and hunt with gun. Althoug ill be loading up the frying pan with patrage from october first.;)

Hiawatha 03-25-2004 07:24 PM

Archery elk gets goin at the end of august so i'll hit that. If i don't get one then i'll put down the bow and pick up the rifle and hunt them in september. By that time bear and deer will be opened up in certain zones. Bear ends around the middle of october or so. I will go after some geese and grouse also. Then deer opens up on the farmland in november -dedember. Basically from august 25th to decmber 5th i am hunting every week if possible.

glob3006 03-25-2004 07:57 PM

Aaahhh the Grouse! My favorite bird to hunt!@#$%^
Seems the only time I see a fair number of Grouse is when i'm Elk hunting!@#$:eek:

whitetails & muskies 03-25-2004 09:36 PM

I'll be bow hunting whitetails up in the northwoods of Wisconsin through the first week of November. (I know, it's not like mountain hunting)...BUT, I will be in the Bob Marshall Wilderness (MT) for a late season elk/mulie hunt. I fell into this opportunity a few weeks ago, and at the last minute, we got our liscense and outfitter cert out in a fed ex package with a deadline of 3/15 at midnight. I called to follow up and the package was signed at the fish, wildlife and parks office on 3/15 at 10:00 AM, so I think I 'm good to go. The very last part of November, packing in on horses 15 miles. Could have snow up to my arm pits, but could also catch a good movement of animals. Been with this guy before and they run a heck of an outfit....looking forward to it, big time.

Glob306 - I hunted unit 65 last fall in the muzzleloader season, mid Sept. Got a nice 5x5 on the fourth day. No guides and worked that sucker for about 45 minutes before he finally showed. One shot with the front stuffer and he tipped over!!

James B 03-25-2004 09:50 PM

Deer in SD and ND. Black Bear and Moose in Sask. We get out tags from the outfitter. Waterfowl in ND.

sawbill 03-25-2004 10:46 PM

After the bear hunt is over, I'll be chasing walleye and grouse on the same trip in Sept, then moose in October and deer in November. All in Ontario.

handloader1 03-25-2004 11:29 PM

I will try to draw tags for:

Bull, or Cow Elk.
Pronghorn
Mule Deer
Black Bear
Turkey

If I don't draw for Mule Deer, Black Bear, or Turkey I will purchase over the counter tags for these species.

Good luck on the draws.

Hale87 03-26-2004 06:37 AM

This fall's season will start with squirrels, and deer with a bow in September. In November we're going Caribou hunting in Quebec on one of those cheap winter hunts. December will be spent chasing the elusive whitetail in the rifle season. Maybe if I'm lucky I'll get drawn for a Maine Moose tag!
:)Good luck with all your drawings.:)