HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Big Game Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting-6/)
-   -   What will you hunt this fall?? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting/56962-what-will-you-hunt-fall.html)

Cyrus 03-26-2004 07:38 AM

RE: What will you hunt this fall??

Let's see, archery deer starts the beginning of September. By the middle of the month I'll be hunting ducks and geese as well. The last week of September is my annual moose hunt.
After that I'll pick up the bow again for more deer hunting while still harassing ducks and geese.
Mid-October starts the deer muzzleloader season and then rifle season starts early November. After that if we didn't get a moose in early season we usually try a couple days in December.
Should be fun. I can't wait. It's going to be a long summer again.

Aught Six 03-26-2004 07:50 AM

I'm keeping it simple this fall-turkeys in VA and whitetail in MD & VA. I might pick up a bow this summer, so if I can get enough practice in, I might do both gun and bow.

Rangerlab 03-26-2004 08:28 AM

My big hope is that I draw a moose tag for Minnesota. Everything will take a back seat to that. Unfortunately I only have about a 10% chance of drawing one. I chase deer around in the South Dakota Black Hills every year ( either rifle or bow), and I am waiting to see if I will be successful in drawing a deer/elk tag for Montana. There is also an outside chance that I might be going on a deer hunt in Sask. As far as I'm concerned, fall can't get here quick enough!

ironranger 03-26-2004 08:34 AM

I'll start with spring since that's coming up:
1. Wisconsin turkey hunt April
2. Black Hills turkey hunt end of April
3. Minnesota turkey hunt May 14th
4. Early goose season Minnesota start around Sept 3rd
5. grouse hunting northern MN fall
6. Bowhunting whitetails in Minnesota fall
7. Pheasant hunting Minnesota and Iowa fall
8. Whitetail rifle season Minnesota fall

I put in for Montana mule deer draw and Utah Elk draw. If I don't draw for either I'm off to Colorado bow hunting Elk.

Jorgy 03-26-2004 08:54 AM

Colorado - deer & elk with muzzleloader & doe deer with rifle also antelope with rifle if I draw my tag which i have about a 50/50 chance with my pref points. Add in some pheasant hunting too. I also apply for moose but it's not something that I will probably draw till I'm too old or almost dead

Montana - deer if I draw, which I should, this will be my first Montana hunt

Wisconsin - Rifle deer, I always head back to Cheeseland for deer hunting

Wyoming - Antelope, again, if I draw

Maine - Moose, if I draw, which I have about a one in million chance of doing. Hopefully before I'm 80 y/o I will

BigBore1895 03-26-2004 12:26 PM

Rifle elk, rifle deer, and I will draw points for bear, moose, and antelope in CO (where I live). Also, always gotta hunt those ducks, geese, pheasants, and the damn yotes!

Wolf killer 03-26-2004 04:06 PM

I will hunt Black Bear this spring. Antelope, Elk & Deer this fall.
I will apply for Big Horn Sheep, Mountain Goat & Moose.

glob3006 03-26-2004 06:31 PM

Boy I am envyious of some of you guys.What with moose hunts and trips to other states. I'm going to Wyoming but thats an hours drive to where we will hunt... and the whole hunt might cost me $350.
Where do you guys/gals find the time and $ for these hunts? I know that in Colorado you must remit full license fee even if you don't have a chance in #=!! to draw. Not to mention all of the other costs. If I applied for all of the RESIDENT tags that I wanted to just to gain points for and "maybe" draw some day. I would have to gain a tidy sum of cashola only to wait and have it refunded in a few months. The only reason I am doing the Wyoming thing is that I have a friend whose got a "Great Spot"??? But then again braces,soccer and a collage fund for an 11yr old might play part in that???????

Hey HALE87.....I have a friend in Mass. that is trying for the same Moose tag in Maine.Hope you are both succesfull. Although if my friend is not lucky enough to draw he will be out here for Elk season.That's good.....He is a favorite hunting partner!!!

Also....Whiteails&Muskies........Good job on that Bull!! Would LOVE to get one with my side-lock.Have been VERY !@#$!@# CLOSE but no cigar:eek: an opprotunity came up for rifle season in unit 66 with some friends who use horses so I am using my points for that!!!!

Good Luck to all!!!!!!!!!!!! to the guy's/gal's that haven't chimed in please do so...it's a great read. (I think):)

ADIOS

cherokee_outfitters 03-26-2004 07:01 PM

OTC archery elk tag
Muzzleloader mule deer tag
Limited bear tag for september
And hopefully this is my year for antelope with six preference points.

That's a full plate inbetween guiding hunters lol. Lord willing I'll get a few days to hunt elk and a few days on that mulie buck. The bear and goat tag will take a back seat. Especially the antelope beings its between archery and rifle seasons. I'll have time to make that hunt.

Howler 03-26-2004 08:39 PM

I'll start with spring turkey back on the farm in Ks. Will have two tags to fill. Then will plink a few Pdogs here in Colo., to help the summer months go by. Then will be some where in Alaska for moose and wolf on Sept. 1st. My buddy that I'm going with will have a griz tag in Alaska. Then back to Colo. for antelope, if I draw and archery mule deer, late season in Eastern Colo., than in Nov. will be back to the farm for archery whitetail deer and squeeze some upland bird hunting in then too. Then come Dec., will focus on coyotes until the end of Feb.