Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

moutain lion hunting

Old 03-20-2004, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default moutain lion hunting

Doese anyone moutain lion hunt?[&:] I would like to go some day with my bow or a pistol. Is it fun?[&:] What do you make with the meat?[&:] Is it good?[&:][&:][&:][&:][&:]
Old 03-21-2004, 05:56 PM

Default RE: moutain lion hunting

I went this past January, Bow or pistol would be fine , i shot mine with 38 special loads(what was available) . Cooked the meat like we would Roast pork , it was very tender and had a nice flavor, kinda like Roast ....Pork. But i did get the heebie jeebies alittle thinking of little kittens while eating it . other than the psychological aspect pf eating it i would rate it very high and would think that anyone you served it to ,that did not know what it was, would think you are a 1st class chef
Old 03-23-2004, 09:09 AM

The meat is very good and is like pork. We marinate it in Lawrys italian dressing then roast on the grill. Buddy just shot a big tom with his bow in N. Arizona. Did the lung shot thing but the lion was then pissed so he put one into the spine and cat still came down and tore up and killed one dog. I would use a pistol but he did say the bow was a rush. Had to burn his jeans after.
Old 03-23-2004, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a friend who is a big time cat hunter. They ride the road with there dogs looking for cat signs and then turn the dogs loose and then tree the cat. Once treed by the dogs the cat has no escape route, then they walk up to the tree and shoot the cat. Its just not my style of hunting, but to each there own.
Like some of the others said, it taste just like pork. Good luck, Bobby
Old 03-23-2004, 02:27 PM
Typical Buck

Ditto on the flavor. I grew up on cougar. Looks and tastes like zero-fat pork, if that's possible.