Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Ontario moose hunt

Old 03-04-2004, 11:24 AM

Default Ontario moose hunt

It looks like this fall I will be back in the mountains chasing elk, although I am thinking of an Ontario moose hunt for 2005.

Any info out there in terms of outfitters/guides and or preferred locations? First hand experiences preferred, but word of mouth is ok too. General price range?

Thanx,
Old 03-04-2004, 05:03 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-04-2004, 09:40 PM

Default RE: Ontario moose hunt

Mention elk and the thread is quickly filled. Mention moose, a truly prized animal in my mind, and the response is slow --- I'm bewildered. Somewhere along the line the hard core hunters of both moose and elk (in areas where each lacks the other) need to do some swapping of hunts and both parties will benefit.

Good Luck and Good Hunting,
EKM
Old 03-06-2004, 08:47 AM

Elk...I hear you load and clear. Oh well, hopefullly someone will have some input. I would love to see more hunt "swap" options.

Otis, thank you for your local feedback. I was deer hunting a few years ago west of Vermillion bay and saw two bulls one morning in the same burn! One was a youngster the other was probably a good 42"-45"...nothing super huge, but very nice none the less.
Old 03-06-2004, 09:49 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-09-2004, 01:30 PM
nub

I hunt 15a just N. of Ignace. No moose up there. You looking for gun or archery prices? Guided or unguided? Email or P.M. if you'd like me to name names.
Old 03-09-2004, 06:47 PM

nub-you have a PM from me...I hope?

Otis, any further details would be appreciated, if not I understand. A personal message would be good too, although as I hinted to nub, I don't use that feature too often, but just may on topics such as this. No problem with either format...

Thanx guys,
Old 03-09-2004, 10:10 PM
nub

You did just fine tails & teeth! You do know theres a wierd fixation that comes with bowhunting bull moose. It struck me last night again for the first time since last fall. Was kind of in a half daze laying in bed when a bull walked through my mind. Layed there for 3 hours and couldn't sleep. Started thinking of secret spots, rut pits, pristine wilderness, you name it. This affliction usually don't start til at least May. I think I'm in for a long sleepless 6 months.

Any frost up there yet Otis? Oops, spring then summer, then fall. [&:]
Old 03-09-2004, 11:29 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-09-2004, 11:39 PM

Otis,

I don't deny the outfitters their living, but am not in tune to the "way it is done" in Ontario. Do the outfitters sell licenses seperate of a package deal of license, lodging, guiding? Is Ontario like Alaska, if you are not resident, then you must be guided? Or is it possible to acquire the license and then "go knock yourself out" pursuing the wiley moose on your own?

Good Luck and Good Hunting,
EKM

Quick Reply: Ontario moose hunt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.