Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Elk Hunt with USO

Old 01-09-2004, 08:39 AM
Fork Horn

Default Elk Hunt with USO

Does anyone here have experience hunting elk with United States Outfitters?
Old 01-09-2004, 08:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Elk Hunt with USO

I almost signed up with their service last year but didn't at the last minute.... Something not quite right with their operation
Old 01-09-2004, 09:03 AM
Fork Horn

I don't know why, but it seems like if an outfit gets to big they start to not care about the little details that can really make or break a hunt. I don't have any experience with USO, but to me they just seem to big. I would look elsewhere.
Old 01-09-2004, 09:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well their license fee deal is a windfall for them imagine if they collect $1000 from 1000 hunters and then invest it elsewhere... Who is watching the money?
Old 01-12-2004, 12:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have relatives who have guided for them, and they will never guide for them again. Good luck.
Old 01-12-2004, 12:42 PM
Spike

I've never dealt with them first hand but I've got some family and friends in central new mexico and they were really negative about the outfit. It seems that alot of ranchers on neighboring properties had several instances of trespassing by some of USO's outfit.
Old 01-12-2004, 02:26 PM
Typical Buck

Is USO the outfit that got caught use aircraft to spot animals?
Old 01-12-2004, 05:35 PM

Yep. Taulman was busted here in Arizona flying to spot animals during time forbidden by law. I also ran into their boys in New Mexico and they tried to run me off public land saying they had it leased. They did have a ranch lease but not on my favorite hill and I told them to stick it in front of their customers. I like and support good outfitters but not liars.
Old 01-12-2004, 09:07 PM

George was charged with several state and federal violations, but I believe most (if not all) were eventually dropped. Nonetheless, he has had a "questionable" reputation, and I believe it is still declining. I was on his mailing list for a few years, and his hunters have taken a lot of animals. Believe the last brochure I recd. said elk hunts start at $3995.00 (I could be wrong here). There are lots of good, reputable outfitters out there. Might want to look at them as well.
Good Hunting,
Hal
Old 01-16-2004, 07:51 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the input. I think I will be going with a different outfitter. A friend of mine used Limestone outfitters in New Mexico and has had very good success. Anyone else hear of those guys?

Quick Reply: Elk Hunt with USO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.