Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

bowhunting for caribou

Old 01-07-2004, 05:49 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: bowhunting for caribou

Man, I've heard so many horror stories (& references to 'em) about Quebec that it's dang near got me gun shy...

ahunter, would you mind saying what operation you were with there? Thanks.

VicW
Old 01-09-2004, 10:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: bowhunting for caribou

The outfit we hunted with has since changed it's name & I cannot recall the new name. I went with the same outfit BOTH times. They were excellent-it is just the 1st time the Caribou changed their route-a few miles in that country can make a huge difference. The camp I was skunked in had ALL hunters in every week take 2 bulls the year b/4-soo, you just never know. Outfits now advertise moving (some do) you IF they are not seeing caribou-this is good but make sure you know ALL THE DETAILS. Some may charge extra to move you & others may say you will be allowed 1 animal so check it out thourly & get it in writing.
If I had it to do over again I would go on a Combo Moose/Caribou hunt in Newfoundland. Price is not much more & you have an excellent chance at 2 different animals. I have a friend going this fall & wish I was going too. It is not so much the money fellas-I am just getting a lot older, ya know.