Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 What's the toughest game to hunt? >

What's the toughest game to hunt?

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

What's the toughest game to hunt?

Old 01-10-2004, 10:11 PM

Default RE: What's the toughest game to hunt?

That would certainly be the blacktail deer they are the ones that taught whitetail how to be sneaky and they are the ones that taught mulies to stay in the open country, but the blacktail is the only one that can and will do both at the same time. why i swear the blacktail can even put a coyote to shame on any given day.
Old 01-10-2004, 10:12 PM

I'll have to try these little deer...
Old 01-14-2004, 12:31 PM

Well I guess I will chime in on PA. Pa is tough whitetail hunting. They are smart and spooky and well aware of their escape routes. That is the secret to PA. Map their escape routes and you will be successful. Too many guys come in the same predictable ways to the same areas every year. Pay attention one season. A long time ago my uncle taught me to go in from the other (not necessarily the easiest) direction. It works wonders! Walk in your normal way one time and watch where the deer run. Then come in from the other way at the other end of their escape route and let some other warrior deliver them to you. The proof is in the pot. -Mike
Old 01-15-2004, 03:32 PM
Spike

i would say sheep or goats but if your talkin something most people can hunt i'd say a good candidate is blacktail.tough country and they don't pattern like alot of whitetail do.
Old 01-15-2004, 08:01 PM
Fork Horn

i have heard that bowhunting coues deer is the most difficult, but from my experience, it is a trophy muley. the smaller ones come pretty easy, but i can count the 190 plus muleys i have ever seen on one hand, and ive hunted them as long as ive been in the woods
brad
Old 01-16-2004, 12:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well this would be tough because the fact i havent done much big game hunting, which hopefully will change in the coming years. For as i can get from info is the sheep based on terrain.
Old 01-16-2004, 02:40 AM

Without a doubt it would have to be Rocky Mountain Goat.It lives where no Man walks.Do obtain a late season goat is one of gods greatest gifts.The hunt is not just physical it also mentally challenging.It takes ones soul to the max then lets you down.If you where to do any hunt in North America it would have to be the Mt.goat
Old 01-16-2004, 08:43 PM

All you say is Whitetail, Elk, Sheep, and Antelope. The Hardest game to hunt is Turkey. They are twice as aware as a Whitetail and fast as greased lightning. They look dumb but are smart.
Old 01-17-2004, 10:12 AM

A 150 class, pre rut whitetail with bow. Thats what keeps me hunting.
Old 01-18-2004, 10:50 AM

i'd have to say the whitetail you have to fool there nose, eyes , and ears ... also you have to spend time scouting and then sit many long cold days during season till a trophy comes by and it takes a while to find where the big trophy is hiding..........good luck hunters....

Quick Reply: What's the toughest game to hunt?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.