Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Portable Deer Blind - Truck Bed Trailer Blind >

Portable Deer Blind - Truck Bed Trailer Blind

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Portable Deer Blind - Truck Bed Trailer Blind

Old 11-18-2021, 05:03 PM
Spike

Default Portable Deer Blind - Truck Bed Trailer Blind

Here's a portable deer blind that I designed and built. You could use this as a deer hunting camper blind!

Old 11-18-2021, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator

I have a small utility trailer.

I've thought about making a blind insert to put into it that would be removable. Maybe that'll be a good winter project for me....
Now if I just had a spot to put it lol. I'm missing the pasture.

-Jake
Old 11-19-2021, 04:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by captain belly
Here's a portable deer blind that I designed and built. You could use this as a deer hunting camper blind!

https://youtu.be/OUHit83xGXk

Nice job, that would be ideal on the edge of a field. I would definitely remove the hitch pin and put a lock in the hole so no one could tow it away.
Old 11-22-2021, 07:23 AM
Spike

Good idea!
Old 11-23-2021, 05:05 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by captain belly
Good idea!
Yes, it is! Would hate to lose that.

-Jake
Old 11-23-2021, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator

Good idea but it does sort of remind me of one of those tiny houses.
Old 11-23-2021, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

over the yrs I have build many different types of deer blinds on trailers, and all sorts of trailers, from street legal one's to hay wagons and off road like/farm trailers
one thing I learned is, blinds can get VERY heavy very fast when building, making them weight way past what smaller trailer axles can handle, not to mention they can get very top heavy as well
I also highly recommend when building a blind on a trailer you build then on runners/skids, and attach good solid locations for adding tow straps/chains!
and don't forget to have lots of solid places to add tie down straps for if you plan to haul it on a road way or even off road, as again being top heavy they can get tricky fast in off camber or rough terrain!
and then you can always drag them, to locations or easier to just get off the trailer!
and if nothing else they tend to help stiffen up the blind!
Plus, keep in mind what ever roof material you use, if you tow it, a lot of wind will be on it and can peel off shingles or even tear off metal roof panels or likes, learned this the hard way once , didn;'t have a ratchet strap on ever roof panel and had one pull off, 3/4 of the way, doing damage to things, but never came off, but was close, had I not seen it happen, and pulled over, might have been different outcome, and I was only ona ropad with a 45 MPH speed limit, had I gone ona faster speed, I am sure it would have came off and maybe hit someone!
roof screw's in metal roof pulled right out!,. wind is a powerful things!
also some times its best to remove or not install windows till in location,a s if on a lot of uneven terrain when things flex, I have seen glass windows pop due to stress on them!
and LAST!
as for building in the back of a pickup truck, if you do this, make sure its legal to hunt out of , as in many places that would be illegal if its attached to the truck(I gather also even if trailer is still hitched up to truck too)
so some food for thought for anyone planning to build one!
Old 11-24-2021, 03:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

as for building in the back of a pickup truck, if you do this, make sure its legal to hunt out of , as in many places that would be illegal if its attached to the truck(I gather also even if trailer is still hitched up to truck too)
so some food for thought for anyone planning to build one!

In PA what mrbb said above is true.

mrbb is offline Report Post