Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
CO Elk honey hole retirement >

CO Elk honey hole retirement

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

CO Elk honey hole retirement

Old 09-01-2021, 05:17 PM
Spike

Default CO Elk honey hole retirement

Hello All,

If you are hunting the Flat Tops in Co and looking for rag bulls or cows this place has been productive year after year with multiple elk each year. I would strongly suggest a horse to get it out but that's what makes it a honey hole, right. Sombrero outfitters is right down the road and they can provide for you when needed, Why am I sharing, frankly none of your business but I can tell you 1st rifle season is successful. Most folks that hunt that area go half way down the hill and not all the way to the spot. Scout it, I'm not steering you wrong, or don't I'm just done with it. Anyway, I hope someone else enjoys it, looking for bigger bulls. Good luck, not that you'll need it. Just be patient, it happens, could be for 5 minutes of hunt or day 2 but it happens.

Well I guess I have to have 10 posts before posting a URL, if interested PM me.

Old 09-29-2021, 09:58 PM
Super Moderator

I predict you'll get lots of PM's.
Old 09-30-2021, 03:51 AM
Super Moderator

Sounds like someone is mad at a former hunting partner and giving their good spot away lol

-Jake
Old 09-30-2021, 11:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

The flat tops is one of the heaviest hunted areas in CO. I dont believe anybody is going to give up the location of a honey hole there. I grew up in CO and know some good areas for elk but I am not sharing them