Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Maine moose lottery-Phil?

Old 06-12-2021, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

No luck.

Hope it was your wife!

-Jake
Old 06-12-2021, 03:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sorry to hear that Jake..

I believe it is and it’s just someone ranting?

They said that something like 72,000 put in.
Old 06-12-2021, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bummer, I was pulling for you Jake.
Old 06-14-2021, 09:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

sorry Jake I just saw this and didn't even knew you applied until just now. If you would have drawn I would have helped you if you needed it
Old 06-14-2021, 02:16 PM
Super Moderator

I applied for Kentucky elk, Maine moose, I'll apply for PA Elk and several limited draw hunts in Ohio this year as well.

Long Shot but can't draw if I don't put in. Figure I'm young enough that if I put in every year I'll draw eventually.

If things go well I hopefully have 50 more years of good hunting health

Bound to draw eventually..

I buy preference points in Wyoming for Elk antelope and Muleys every year too.
-Jake
Old 06-22-2021, 05:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well Jake I hope that you have good luck getting a permit.. It’s official my wife was the one that got the permit. She received the payment request to obtain her permit today. I will send it out for her this afternoon. So I will be out scouting the entire week before her hunt starts. I have already been in where my sister and I got that smasher two years ago. I saw a set of tracks from what looked like another big bull in that area..
Old 06-27-2021, 05:55 PM
car
Typical Buck

No Maine tag for me. I bet I've put in for over 15 years.
Old 08-10-2021, 08:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

It appears strange how some can put in for the first time and get drawn. When I was drawn in 2009 I was putting in every year when it first started. It took me around 30 years to draw my only tag. I guess it’s just luck of the draw
Old 08-10-2021, 08:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

I just got home from the doctor yesterday and I received numerous text phone messages. Someone hit a moose in the shoulder with a dump truck and they were trying to find someone to deal with it. I honestly didn’t want to because of the hunt my wife and I will be going on in October. It was 81 degrees out and there is no way could I see it spoiling. So the next thing you know I had it packed with ice on my trailer heading to a butcher shop. So now I guess I need to look for another freezer..At least I know it’s not going to spoil and got away. It was a big cow that weighed 620 pounds with her head still laying on the ground.
Old 08-10-2021, 02:15 PM
Super Moderator

^^^

I made the deadline. Didn't draw any of my Ohio draws. Neither did my dad, wife, or two friends I occasionally hunt with.

Oh well. Still holding out for PA Elk!

my bear hunting plans this year might be in trouble. Not looking like I'm going to be able to get the time I need for PA muzzleloader or the trip I was going to take to new York. Kinda disappointing.

-Jake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.