Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
2021 Idaho spring bear hunt >

2021 Idaho spring bear hunt

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Old 03-03-2021, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

Yep. It's available. But it's not cheap. Gunbroker is your best bet. Easy to get there, but you'll pay $$.

Then it'll ship to your door. I agree, it's worth it to be able to hunt. Order two boxes. That will give you enough to sight in and still have enough for your hunt and whatever hunts you have this fall. When the prices (hopefully) go back to normal then stock up so you never end up in this position again.

-Jake
Old 03-06-2021, 12:30 PM
Fork Horn

Just got some good news. I am now able to make a little more income, so it looks like I’ll be able to order the ammunition I need from the website you guys mentioned. Looks like I’m still going on a bear hunt!
Old 03-24-2021, 04:26 PM
Fork Horn

So I got some good news, and some potentially bad news. Good news is I was able to find six rounds in my house. Left over from last season.

Bad news is, three of them were found in the wash. They were washed on accident. I don’t know if those three are still good or not.

I remember now, after the 2020 season, I was washing my clothes, and three bullets got washed on accident. The other three are OK, though. I labeled the washed ones as “washed.”

I don’t know if they’re still good or not. Either way, I got at least three shots for the season. The hunt is on. I just got to make sure the bear is not a female with cubs, and I got to place my shot just right.
Old 03-25-2021, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

well, your not the only person to have forgot about ammo and washed it
I know I have doen it myself over the yrs, mostly 22 rim fire ammo however

that said
I woudn't chance using it on a live animal
the risks are NOT worth the possible bad outcome of a hang fire or just not up top velocity's it should have

having 3 known good rounds might be more than enough, but I also wouldn't feel good going after a bear with just 3 rounds, things happen fast when hunting
a miss or two isn't impossible and happens more often than many might think
and having a wounded bear with no way to finish it off wouln;t be fair to the bear at all!

I believe last year even you missed with first shot, NO bash, just saying
what happens if you miss 2 times or wound bear and then miss trying to hit it on the run,
ammo goes fast when excited for a LOT of hunters

part of being an ethical hunter is knowing you have the means to kill your game animal,
save up, buy more ammo before going hunting would be my suggestion

and heck, more shooting time doesn't wound like a bad idea either for newer hunters, it helps them do better when the moment of truth comes, as many things in life are memory activated reflexes, the more you shoot, the better you get at it! which leads to less misses, faster kills, less tracking o game! win win win
minus costs of ammo!

Old 03-26-2021, 03:56 AM
Super Moderator

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/896229349

-Jake
Old 03-26-2021, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

in stock as of this

https://www.opticsplanet.com/barnes-...20-rounds.html

https://www.outdoorlimited.com/feder...tsp-20-rounds/

https://www.ammunitiontogo.com/produ...eral-20-rounds

Old 03-27-2021, 12:17 PM
Fork Horn

Got some really bad news. I just lost my car. Not in an accident, but a major mechanical failure. Not repairable. I need to get a new car now. Unfortunately, this will take from my savings for bear season.

Due to this, and other problems in my finances that are coming up, plus a new work schedule, I need to put off the bear hunt until further notice.