Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

First elk hunt questions

Old 07-13-2020, 04:27 PM
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 20

There are cow tags for sale in NM. Going rate is $500 -$650.
These tags are issued to private land owners by the NM Game and fish to compensate for wildlife depredation on private ranch land. Most tags will be unit wide rather than restricted to an individual ranch. To get an idea of the size of game management units you can look at unit 52 for example on the NM G&F web site. Unit 52, bordering Colorado, includes a vast portion of the Carson National Forest including the Cruces Basin Wilderness Area -no fences!
I’m happy to help with more info if you are interested.
good luck
Redfish6 is offline  
Old 07-29-2020, 10:33 AM
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 20

Just to give an update on land owner Elk Tags (actually, authorization is what NM Game and Fish calls them).
Anyway I purchased 2 cow tags yesterday 07/28/2020. So just FYI if you are still looking I believe you can find them.
good luck
Redfish6 is offline  
Old 07-29-2020, 07:17 PM
Fork Horn
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Up on the Milk River
Posts: 382

Montana has surplus cow elk tags, person needs to register on the surplus list, which is all new this year, yippee. I know ranch I hunt resides in region 5, and there is a pile of tags available for residents and NR, best to chk out Montana fwp site for info.....
mthusker is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.