Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Has the making of a great fall... >

Has the making of a great fall...

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Has the making of a great fall...

Old 06-19-2020, 06:15 PM
Fork Horn

Default Has the making of a great fall...

Was able to get out a bit yesterday here in Montana, the spring rains have been a blessing so far, the country I hunt has been wonderful, seen a few bulls yesterday, seen a couple that will be toads this fall.
Attached Thumbnails Has the making of a great fall...-20200618_114812.jpg   Has the making of a great fall...-20200618_120517.jpg   Has the making of a great fall...-20200618_121323.jpg   Has the making of a great fall...-50957.jpeg  
Old 06-20-2020, 06:21 AM
Typical Buck

Figures ! Didn't get drawn for elk or mule deer this year. Did get an antelope tag but the border will probably still be closed ! On the plus side there's at least two wild turkeys still running around instead of in my fryer lol
Old 06-21-2020, 03:45 PM
Fork Horn

You talking Montana? You put in for PP and BP's?
Old 06-21-2020, 06:11 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by mthusker
You talking Montana? You put in for PP and BP's?
Yup and yes I ways do but beginning to think its just another money scam. I have points for both mule deer and elk but didn't draw only one I drew was antelope and I have none lol
Old 06-23-2020, 08:35 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Timbrhuntr
Yup and yes I ways do but beginning to think its just another money scam. I have points for both mule deer and elk but didn't draw only one I drew was antelope and I have none lol
What district do you apply for elk ? I know for a NR to get drawn up near where I live in the Missouri breaks is tough, I even know residents who are not drawn each year.
Old 06-23-2020, 09:32 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by mthusker
What district do you apply for elk ? I know for a NR to get drawn up near where I live in the Missouri breaks is tough, I even know residents who are not drawn each year.
Ya it can be tough in some ares. I always apply for the 900 series except for deer where there is no permit for the area (7) just a general tag. For antelope 900 seems to be still a good bet like it used to be for the deer tag in the combo but I'm sure that will change soon too unfortunately but it is what it is at least I still have Nebraska for mulies I'm really hoping for an elk tag soon as the rancher who lets me hunt his land has been getting some nice bulls at his water holes the last few years but yup its a tough draw for sure !
Old 06-23-2020, 02:50 PM
Fork Horn

I hope you draw the tag sooner rather then later. I know a couple people with ranches down near Broadus and Forsyth, there are some nice bulls in the area , if you can draw tag and get on private ground.