Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Outfitter booking

Old 12-24-2019, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Outfitter booking

I know a few Wyoming outfitters that have told me that they are already fully booked for 2020 in the easier-to-draw units. A few are already fully booked for 2021! It was not too long ago that most of these guys were not even close to full booking until after the Winter big game shows (Dallas, Harrisburg, etc.) that start in January. It is been getting much harder to draw good licenses for DIY hunts in the past few years so I guess more folks are lining up to hunt private land with an outfitter. Everybody wants a 350"+ bull elk, a 180"+ mule deer, and a pronghorn - just like their favorite TV celebrity hunters.
Old 12-24-2019, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator

Things are changing.

I wonder what things will be like in another 20 years when my kids are all adults.

-Jake
Old 12-27-2019, 01:49 PM
Fork Horn

The outfitter I hunted with this year in Wyoming, wilderness area, told me they were booked until 2023 if I was interested in rebooking. This was my second trip with them and I am thinking about calling and reserving a spot. My only concern is I will be 73 in 2023.
Old 12-27-2019, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator

Since you've already hunted twice with that outfitter, he should have a good idea of your capabilities. Ask him what he thinks. Also, most outfitters that I've talked with over the years say they are able to accommodate physical limitations to a certain amount. I'd say give yourself an early 73rd birthday present.
Old 12-27-2019, 07:44 PM
Super Moderator

Yep, get after it bpd!

If you have the time and money, GO!

-Jake
Old 12-30-2019, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Possible sign of improving economy, more people have more money so outfitters are filling up.

At this point I would be cautious of any outfitter who ISN'T booked for the coming season
Old 12-30-2019, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Most of the outfitters in the hard to draw units will have openings until hunters find out if they have a license. Some will gladly take a deposit to reserve spots until the draw results are out, and then either refund the deposit or apply them to future years. The easily drawn units with mostly private land are the ones booking quickly. I think it is pressure of dealing with the draw and the point creep that is pushing early booking.
Old 01-01-2020, 11:08 AM
Spike

Why not book with a British Columbia Outfitter?
No draws, over the counter tags for every species open.
Or better, buy into a Canadian outfit.
Old 01-01-2020, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BCOutfitter
Why not book with a British Columbia Outfitter?
No draws, over the counter tags for every species open.
Or better, buy into a Canadian outfit.
well welcome to the site
I will guess that for a lot of folks, its the logistic's of getting to BC and back
crossing into Canada has added costs(not allowed to if one has a DUI too) as does returning with any game
not everyone is made of money! LOL

NOT bashing BC< its holds some awesome game and scenery! enjoyed my times there very much, and wish I could visit more often!
Old 01-01-2020, 05:24 PM
Typical Buck

I'm in Canada and travel to the states to hunt all the time and I'm definitely not made of money. But I don't do many Canadian hunts as the Canadian outfits want me to pay in U.S. funds in my own country no thanks !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.