Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

WY units 56, 25, and 113?

Old 02-12-2019, 08:08 AM
Spike

Default WY units 56, 25, and 113?

Any tips for hunting pronghorn in these units? And if we should even expect to draw this year? Going to be putting in for two tags with a buddy as a party and neither of us have any preference points, both non resident. Plan was to put them in the order listed in the title.

Also any insight on the size of the pronghorns in these units? 56 is south central and 25/113 are in east central WY. I've heard there abundant so curious more in terms of B&C score. Would love to see pics from any antelope taken in/near these units!

Nick Kaderli
Old 02-12-2019, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

based on last years resuilts on the pref point draw:
- 25: 0 points about 70% chance
- 56 1 point 50%, <1 0
- 113: 0 points, 3%, < 1 100%

After that you are in the random draw, so it's random.
Old 02-12-2019, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

All are difficult public access areas. If I had to pick one of these units I suppose it would be 113, but honestly none of the are wonderful areas for DIY hunters on public land. I have seen nice bucks on private land in 25. Since it is so close to Casper the public land is quickly overrun with orange caps and has little game. If you put in the time and effort (hiking, doing research, etc.) you should be able to eventually find something legal in almost any unit. Expecting to find a trophy buck is another matter entirely.

If you are concerned about B&C scores you will be ahead to look at units that you can draw in the Special (higher price) draw. This will give you more options. Do your homework on the WGFD site and on the telephone with BLM folks and wardens. Too many new hunters ask these very same questions every year on every site to realistically expect other guys to give out specifics on hunting units. The competition to draw good tags is getting very tough.

https://wgfd.wyo.gov/Hunting/Hunt-Pl...telope-Hunting

Good luck.
Old 02-15-2019, 03:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Unfortunately this seems to be an example of the annual "please give me information so that I can kill an antelope easily - just like on TV" that happens on every hunting site I have ever seen. Some fellows ask this same question on many different sites fishing for information, but rarely stay around to contribute themselves or to help others.

These quests for easy information are also made for elk and deer, but I believe the most I have seen are targeting antelope.

I am certainly not an expert on antelope hunting but try to help a fellow hunter out with what little I do know. I hope some of these guys stay around and pitch in to share their experiences with others too.