Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Rare Jaguars Killed at Greek Zoo >

Rare Jaguars Killed at Greek Zoo

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Rare Jaguars Killed at Greek Zoo

Old 12-15-2018, 10:46 PM
Spike

Default Rare Jaguars Killed at Greek Zoo

Two rare jaguars have been shot and killed after they escaped their enclosure at a zoo near Athens.

The incident happened earlier in December but it was only revealed through an announcement by the park on Saturday.
Here in Greece we don't have any experience with big animals (especially the keepers of the zoo 110% sure)

I would like to ask you how difficult is to kill a jaguar ?

they claim they killed both ,5 minutes after they escaped .
What is your opinion is it possible?
Old 12-16-2018, 04:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

2 well placed bullets, 2 dead jags. No more difficult to kill them than any other big cat. But if they shot them 5 min after they got out, which I highly doubt, then the jumped the gun. A zoo should have tranquilizer guns on site.

Sorry but I'm not buying your atory as is. There has to be more to it.
Old 12-16-2018, 05:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

According to the poster's profile he/she is from Greece, the screen name is a bit of a clue as well. Never the less, Jaguars are the largest of the spotted cats and very powerful and just because they were in a zoo does not make them kitty cats. Male Jaguars can reach 350 lbs and can run short bursts at 50 mph. Imagine two predatory cats loose in a city or even in a zoo that was open to the public at the time. I have no problem with the zookeepers killing them for safety of humans. There are zoos thought out the world that should not even allowed to exist and do not have the proper facilities to contain dangerous animals nor the experienced staff to care for them and protect the public, this could also be part of the equation. So far as I am concerned there should be no animals locked up in zoos, in any country in the world, if they were not, these kinds of things, which have been happening more frequently, would not make it necessary to kill these animals that should be running free in the places they were meant to live. It is a shame about those cats, it would have been even a bigger shame had they killed one or more people.