Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Does this qualify as Big Game? >

Does this qualify as Big Game?

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Does this qualify as Big Game?

Old 04-27-2018, 09:10 AM
Fork Horn

Red face Does this qualify as Big Game?

Can anyone say Veal?

Her Momma was really MAD at "her" for continuing to walk toward the truck. Momma was snorting up a storm! (we were that close)

Pretty Little Thing. I'd bet her hooves didn't exceed an inch and a 1/4 in length, if that.

I've seen only 1 I KNOW was younger and that was where the doe died while giving birth. The lamb was 1/2way out (obviously dead)

REM7600

PS: Bet you'd need a Barnes or Woodleigh to bring her down! :-)
Attached Thumbnails Does this qualify as Big Game?-bambi.jpg  
Old 04-27-2018, 10:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Lamb? baby deer are fawns not lambs.
Old 04-27-2018, 10:41 AM
Fork Horn

Exclamation TO OldTimer

I shouldn't do this, but I have tried be civil with you.

Take your "higher than thou" and "turn me in to the moderators here again" Mr. Warden.

They are lambs where I grew up, here in the West, yes they are fawns. I still refer to them as lambs or button bucks. Is there something to argue about here?

Tell me please, where can I shoot a Faux? I want to have some quality leather done from an animal I lawfully take. You have accused me of being a criminal in the past.

I suppose this post will be deleted and get me kicked out again by moderators. Moderator's please have a look at my public posts before making a decision.

No foul language in this one... so is it an opinion? Or just an opinion that differs from another user?

I love the picture... I was heading on a fly-fishing trip with my wife when I happened across the lil girl... AND took a pretty good picture.

If I said "faon" or "adular" would I be wrong? IMO, no we should each have the right to FREE speech.

REM7600

PS: Feel Free to Correct my Grammar
Old 04-27-2018, 11:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

Now that was a funny rant. btw, I cant recall turning you into the moderators but after that rant, I can see why it happened.
Old 04-27-2018, 11:14 AM
Fork Horn

Rant? NO, just an opinion.

REM7600

PS: Hope some others enjoy the picture in the original post. I think it was cute.
Old 04-27-2018, 12:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well, it is a fawn.
Old 04-27-2018, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

IMO< its a VERY early drop of a baby deer!
I have found a lot of them over the yrs and even been lucky enough to see a few being born!

I don't typically start to see them here for a few more weeks
here is one my dog found a few yrs back now(only pic I have handy)
Attached Thumbnails Does this qualify as Big Game?-055.jpg  
Old 04-27-2018, 03:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Seeing the little baby fawns is what keeps be bear hunting. I can't stand the idea of bears eating those babies. The same thing with coyotes.

Yes, I know it's part of nature. Sometimes nature stinks. I'm a predator, so killing a bear is part of nature.
Old 04-27-2018, 05:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by REM_7600
They are lambs where I grew up, here in the West, yes they are fawns. I still refer to them as lambs or button bucks. Is there something to argue about here?
Baby deer - fawn
Baby antelope - fawn
Baby elk - calf
Baby moose - calf
Baby caribiou - calf
Baby bison - calf
Baby mountain goat - kid
Baby sheep - lamb

Don't know where you are from but I have hunted all over the country and the above has been used everywhere I have ever had a tag. On a side note, someone really has a twist in their panties. Lighten up.
Old 04-27-2018, 07:11 PM
Fork Horn

flags,

you're entitled; and I'm not trying to make enemies. (I've liked you're opinions while being here)

My "pantie twist" is warranted, perhaps I should stop wearing Victoria Secret products; if you knew all the facts exchanged it MIGHT change your mind.

The picture is of a lamb! I stand by that! Even if here, in the West, it's referred to as a toehead, or fawn... I won't argue that. If I can't tell the sex because it's too young, it's a lamb to me.

YMMV and I do understand you've hunted and probably killed more game than I. Do you really want to argue semantics?

I don't disagree with any of your descriptions...however, I'm thinking this forum might be ruled by just a few and that's why we're all seeing only a few posts per day across the board. I really wish it would be a little more open to various ideas.

REM7600 -- PM me if you want to continue dialogue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.