Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

New to CO hunting

Old 02-09-2018, 05:27 PM
Spike

Default New to CO hunting

I'm 17 years old and starting to get into elk hunting. I've always bowhunted whitetail with my dad but I'm not able to hunt with him anymore so I will have to solo hunt. I'm very physically active and I've been backpacking many times before so the solo aspect shouldn't be a problem for me. My mom and sisters and I just moved to Colorado from Tennessee. I've been on elk hunts before with my grandpa who is a guide up in WY, but my mom, sisters and I have seperated from that side of the family and my dad who I used to hunt with. I'm not looking for any handouts or anybody's honey hole so don't get the wrong idea, but any info on where to start beggining my hunt here in CO would be very much appreciated. I've spent hours on the cpw website, hunting atlas, and google earth but I'm still a little hesitant about this coming season. Any advice would be beneficial thank you!
Old 02-14-2018, 03:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Send me a PM. But give me some info in the PM.

Do you want a bull or a cow? If you want a bull then are you after the monster or just any bull? Are you set up for getting it out of the woods? What exactly is your experience level? Where in CO are you located? Can you travel to other parts of the state etc...
Old 02-15-2018, 02:55 PM
Spike

I've got a few places I would be willing to share with you. Where about do you live? How far are you willing to travel? I just hooked someone up with a hunt on the Flattops but I can point you to other places that have elk too.