Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Fixed blade broadheads for elk? >

Fixed blade broadheads for elk?

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Fixed blade broadheads for elk?

Old 08-06-2017, 03:28 AM
Spike

Default Fixed blade broadheads for elk?

I have used rage mechanical broadheads for years on whitetails. However, for our elk hunt in ID this fall, I need to switch to a fixed broadhead. I'm looking for a little advice and recommendations. I've tried a few options (G5 and Exodus) but haven't been as happy with them as I have been with the rage broadheads.

Any info would be great. Thanks.
Old 08-06-2017, 06:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Unless I'm mistaken a Rage will kill an elk graveyard dead and are legal to use. Who is telling you that you have to change? Avoid the big bones in the front shoulder and you should be fine. Elk aren't bullet proof. Put a rage through the lungs and get the skinning knife ready. But if you really want a fixed head, Muzzy's have been killing elk for decades.
Old 08-06-2017, 07:19 PM
Typical Buck

I'm a fan of fixed blade, but rage are proven. Nothing is going to do much good, if you hit that shoulder bone.
Old 08-06-2017, 09:01 PM
Typical Buck

How about Slick Trick?