Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Questions about traveling for a hunt. >

Questions about traveling for a hunt.

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Questions about traveling for a hunt.

Old 08-27-2017, 05:42 PM
Spike

Default transporting meat

I moved from New Hampshire to Tucson, AZ just after a Moose hunt. I loaded the frozen packaged meat in the small freezer and packed it with blankets and loaded it on the moving van. Still frozen when it arrived!
Old 09-10-2017, 10:52 PM
Banned

I grew up in CO but spent a lot of time on the east coast. I went home hunting as often as I could and I hauled a lot of deer/elk and antelope back east. I got some good coolers and boned the meat. Put 5 or 6 lbs of dry ice in the coolers and seal them good including putting duct tape around the lid seam. Meat will keep 3 or 4 days like this. if you'll be longer you may need to augment the dry ice with some regular ice and keep the cooler sealed.
Old 09-11-2017, 07:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by mthusker
So you condone this behavior? So, as a former CO we should respect game laws, but when it comes to respecting private property, not so much? And just because you doubt it, your still wrong...LOL.

mthusker:

You are under the mistaken impression that I abused this property or damaged this property -- the hotel room. I don't think that was the case. I didn't leave a bunch of crap in the shower. I cleaned up after myself. What do you suppose I do with my meat at home? I butcher it, in my own house. I clean up after myself when I am done. The only thing that is different in the instance I described in Gillette was I did this in my hotel room and rinsed the meat in the shower tub rather than in my kitchen sink at home.

I will allow this is dubious behaviour. But life is not all black and white: it is not all a matter of "this is OK but that is totally beyond the pale." Again, I cleaned up after myself. I actually showered in the shower the next morning. I bet the maids and later occupants could never have deduced what I had done.

I guess I would add some more details, in case this is relevant. I had field dressed the animals at the kill site and had skinned and quartered them in the field. Thus I was taking skinned quarters of pronghorn into the hotel room: no guts, no hair. As I say, I have done the exact same thing in my home numerous times, the only difference being I used the hotel shower-tub instead of a kitchen sink to rinse the meat. Clean-up after the job is the key.

Last edited by Alsatian; 09-11-2017 at 07:55 AM.
Old 09-11-2017, 12:29 PM
Fork Horn

You do not have the right to do what ever you wish in a rented motel room. I think most people would agree, sleeping, eating, drinking, that kind of stuff, not cleaning your game. No sense to argue, I am not ever going to agree with your lack of common sense.
Old 09-11-2017, 12:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Lol...how's it any different then if I bought a t-bone at the store, brought it back to the hotel to BBQ and rinsed it off in the sink before I seasoned it and put it on the grill?

You're not American are you?
Old 09-11-2017, 01:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

No sense trying to be rational with an irrational person. Just part of the touchy feely crowd who get insensed over nothing. Washing blood down the bathtub drain is probably cleaner than washing body dirt down the drain.
Old 09-11-2017, 02:36 PM
Fork Horn

It is called RESPECT....apparently something you boys know little about. If you get permission to do so from owner or manager then that is fine. Sneaking it in, naw that's wrong....even if you can not see it.

Last edited by mthusker; 09-11-2017 at 02:39 PM.
Old 09-11-2017, 02:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

Get over yourself!!
Old 09-11-2017, 02:54 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
No sense trying to be rational with an irrational person. Just part of the touchy feely crowd who get insensed over nothing. Washing blood down the bathtub drain is probably cleaner than washing body dirt down the drain.
Really? Thanks, coming from a plumbing family, I had no idea of that. Have you found any car washes in Montana or Wyoming that use recycled water....there is one in Billings, just built it a couple years ago. I am sure, carrying bags of game into a sleeping room, a drop of blood is never spilled. I am guessing that if you asked at motel, they would instruct you to use hose. Just because your wrong, you need to call someone irrational? Dang....if I could just be as smart as you...lol.
Old 09-11-2017, 03:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sadly, you just proved you can not!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.