Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Cadaver Dogs

Old 07-14-2017, 12:55 PM
Spike

Default Cadaver Dogs

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/bu...-20170713.html

I am amazed these dogs can sniff anything 12' under the earth. I wouldn't even think odor emanated from 12.5' down.

We all know game animals can smell us down wind no matter what scent control we use; but I could never imagine this.
Old 07-15-2017, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I believe it, I think their noses are much finer than their ability to process all the scents.

If they learn to recognize a certain scent above all the other scents, their noses can be unbelievable.

I had a Weimaranar that was from a line renowned for their noses. He was born hating Fox. He could scent a Fox from a long way off.

He was napping in the back of my Jeep as I was glassing a field with a lot of Deer traffic. He popped to his legs, stuck his nose out the window, made his WTF noise and pointed. That Fox was along ways off.