Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

black bear parts

Old 10-28-2003, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default black bear parts

by law in NJ, i can sell parts from a black bear taken in another state. i half thought about taking the gallbladder, but realized i have no clue how to cure it or anything. plus, where would i sell it?? Ebay?? should i have taken the gallbladder and sold it?? any info would be great!!
Old 10-28-2003, 07:33 PM

Default RE: black bear parts

Strange that in many jurisdictions the sale of gall bladders and other bear parts such as the claws and teeth are still legal. I suspect that this may change within a few years as enforcement agencies push to outlaw the practice--even though the animal is taken legally.
Anyway, the value of a gall is in part determined by its size--the larger, the better. One way to scam the size of a gall is force fluid from the liver directly to the gall and then tie it off. Probably the best way to sell a gall is trot down to your local asian mom and pop store and ask if they are interested. If not, just keep banging on doors. One problem you might have is to convince them that its a bear gall and not one yanked out of some farmers pig.
Old 10-31-2003, 04:24 PM

i seen a old man in soul korea sell one for $20,000
the bear over here are very hard to get to hunt. the only way the koreans hunt them is with dogs. i seen a guy had 12 dogs in his truck along with a blonde looking bear.

here is a bear we walked up on about 4 miles from the dmz. scared the hell out of my whole platoon

Old 11-04-2003, 02:11 PM

KB,

Why is it that every picture you post looks exactly like a poorly done scan? Could it be because every picture you claim to have taken in Korea actually came from a book?

PS: Still claiming to be an Army sniper shooting a Remmy Model 7? [8D]