Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
What are you applying for? >

What are you applying for?

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

What are you applying for?

Old 01-15-2017, 09:40 PM
Super Moderator

Default What are you applying for?

So, with the new year here, deadlines are fast approaching. What is everyone applying for this year?
I, along with 6 family members/friends, just bought my first Wyoming preference points last year. We all bought antelope points, and I bought mule deer as well in planning for a future hunt. We're going for Antelope in fall 2018. So I'll just be buying an additional point for each this year and may put in for points for Elk somewhere this year as well.

In Ohio I'll put in for some controlled deer hunts at various parks and military bases. Maybe I'll get lucky and draw a good one. Haven't been drawn for a special hunt since 2012.

What's everyone applying for? Anyone got big plans?

-Jake

Last edited by Bocajnala; 01-16-2017 at 12:46 AM.
Old 01-16-2017, 03:37 AM
Fork Horn

I'll apply for Moose in NH and VT.
Old 01-16-2017, 04:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Deer points in CO and KS. Might start points in WY.

Should draw an Iowa zone 4 archery tag, and get a CO otc bull tag.
Old 01-16-2017, 04:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Preference points for deer, elk and pronghorn in my native CO, preference point for pronghorn in WY and I'll put in for a bunch of the special draw hunts here in TX. Might put in for moose in NH bit I here the numbers are way down due to a tick issue.
Old 01-16-2017, 04:24 AM
Banned

got till the end of may in idaho .regs won't even come out till mid april.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Buck deer tag and hopefully a couple doe antelope tags for our annual hunt in Wyoming. Application period doesn't end until 5/31, so I'll wait until the middle of May to apply and give them my money.
Old 01-16-2017, 08:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

More than likely just points again this year.

But quickly getting to the point where i need to cash some elk points in soon otherwise wait longer for a rifle tag. I'd kind of prefer a rifle rut elk hunt but from the looks of things a bow hunt sooner may make much more sense. 10pts vs 20 in AZ.

Problem is I don't want to cash em in and get skunked on a elk bowhunt, feel like I'd have higher success odds with the rifle, but with point creep etc... not sure it's worth waiting for a rifle tag.

Perhaps I'll cash in some points in say WY and use the rifle, and then another year chase elk with the bow in AZ.

Although while I'd love to chase elk every year, I'd also like to chase some other animals, especially ones I don't have.
Old 01-30-2017, 12:48 PM
Fork Horn

Gonna apply for antelope in WY again this year and get another deer and elk point for Wyoming. Next year I'm elk hunting in wy! It's all think of
Old 02-01-2017, 05:25 AM
car
Typical Buck

Points only.....elk in Colorado and deer in Wy.

Draw....deer in SD, should draw!
Elk in KY
moose in NH VT Maine
Old 02-05-2017, 01:24 PM
Fork Horn

I'll keep applying in Arizona for a tag to turkey hunt in Gould's country until I draw, been at it 5 years, no luck yet. May put in for a tag to gator hunt in Georgia this year, always wanted to try that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.