Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Montana 2016

Old 01-10-2017, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Was out in Northern MT just before Thanksgiving, saw a lot of shooters in the 150s - 180s. Unfortunately couldn't get on one much bigger than this guy. Actually turned down a nice buck that was bigger than him the 1st evening Saw more deer rutting, chasing, fighting, & breeding in 6 days there than I could imagine. Had a blast, can't wait to do it again!

Old 01-10-2017, 08:28 AM
Spike

Yep...gjersy...you look ...Edited by Champlain islander...

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 01-13-2017 at 12:57 PM. Reason: rule violation personal attack- warning issued
Old 01-10-2017, 08:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

That is a great buck pardner---Congrats! That late hunt when the rut is going is the demise of a lot of good bucks that wouldn't be taken in an earlier season and why a lot of guys like Montana for that late deer season. Did you DIY or go guided?
Old 01-10-2017, 09:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by gjersy
I hate outfitters!
While I have no use for outfitters and will never use the services of one unless required by law, I don't hate them. There has to be an underlying reason for such a comment, do you mind if I ask what it is?
Old 01-10-2017, 10:22 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by gjersy
Really 2bear, I bet you hate non paying clients? And Big Ranchers who let there nephews guide, instead of real OUTFITTERS?
Then you would bet wrong. I hate many things people do, but I hate no people in and of themselves, it is not in my character. Neither do I owe you an answer to anything you ask, nor an apology for my way of life. What I can tell you is that I help DIYers who want to hunt elk all the time. You need not take my word for it either, in Great Days Outdoors magazine April of this year issue, there will be an article dedicated for those wishing to save money and DIY elk hunt, it is written by myself, free of charge with no compensation.

In general, I discovered that the majority of problems outfitters have with the general public are based on a narrative that just isn't true. In Montana 22% of the outfits lose money, of the remaining ones that turn profit the average is 29,000.00 per year. I think it safe to conclude outfitting is not a ticket to great riches, but a lifestyle choice. We all know a jerk outfitter, and frankly, we all have had encounters with jerk hunters. I also know a lot of great outfitters some of which donate time and money locally even though they don't have it, and some great hunters from the general public as well. In conclusion gjersy you are welcome and free to express your thoughts and opinions, however, I encourage you to not hate anyone. We have much to deal with in the rigors of life, why waste even a second hating?
Old 01-10-2017, 01:17 PM
Super Moderator

TwoBear, thank you for the respectful response.

Gjersy, I suggest taking a look over the forum rules, and consider this a warning. Flaming or bating members, as well as speaking negatively towards legal hunting and the hunting community is against forum rules and will result in a temporary ban moving forwards. Fell free to express your opinions without attacking others.
Thanks.
-Jake
Old 01-11-2017, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Montana Man
We had a good season. Everyone filled within a few days of arriving and for the most part we had good weather. It has turned off cold, snowy, and windy. The deer have moved into our hay stacks so they are getting plenty to eat. I posted a few pics of what was taken and what's still left, and we have started scheduling for next year already. How did everyone else do?
...Edited by Champlain Islander...

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 01-13-2017 at 12:59 PM.
Old 01-11-2017, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

...Edited by Champlain Islander...

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 01-13-2017 at 01:13 PM. Reason: rule 5, 12
Old 01-11-2017, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Sangster
Yep...gjersy...you look ...Edited by Champlain islander...
...Edited by Champlain Islander....

Last edited by CalHunter; 01-13-2017 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Rule 1, 5
Old 01-11-2017, 05:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Please get a life and act like an adult because you are fitting his description perfectly and if it was a rule violation Jake would have caught it and the word is not starred out since the site accepted it. The OP is just a member of the site and happens to have made some comments about the season he had at his place in Montana. There is nothing in his post asking for our business and no links asking us to visit any site to do business with him. You, however, have violated rule 5 for questioning the Mod warning out on the open Forum instead of by PM as the rules require!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 01-11-2017 at 05:56 PM. Reason: spelling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.