Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

CAUGHT A POACHER

Old 10-19-2003, 10:30 AM

Default CAUGHT A POACHER

Here' s a question for all of you.It' s last day of hunting season and your out trying to fill the last tag alone, suddenly you hear a shot ,you decide to investigate,maybe " buddy" might need a hand with his animal.As you aproach you see " buddy" quickly cutting a 2yr. old black bear,taking only the money parts[gall bladder,penis etc.].OR same scene, but this time it' s that huge 7x7 bull you' ve been gunning for, he quickly saws off that magnificent rack that has inspired you for the last 5 days, to climb higher and hunt harder than you ever thought you possibly could. Now this a$$ is taking that rack and NOTHING else,and getting outa dodge in a real hurry.
So, you' ve seen this with you' re own eyes,now what? Do you

A. Follow him/her back to their truck, record liscencseplate and report them

B. Discreetly handle it yourself.[:@][>:]

C.Other,[whatever that could be I don' t know]

Personally, I' ve always opted for discretion
Old 10-19-2003, 10:38 AM

Default RE: CAUGHT A POACHER

First, I would ask if I could see their gun/bow/muzzleloader, I would unload it, break it on a rock, then report them.
Old 10-19-2003, 10:40 AM

A
Old 10-19-2003, 11:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

A -and since I carry a camera I would take pictures to show the vehicle ,the person and later the scene.
Old 10-19-2003, 03:42 PM
Typical Buck

Im with the rest so far ........

A

B could likely get yourself killed. Taking pictures is a excellent too for more evidence. I know this would tick alot of people off but taking into your own hands could turn ugly .
Old 10-19-2003, 09:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

A - Unless you don' t mind getting shot[]
Old 10-20-2003, 04:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

The obvious correct answer is " A" regardless of the personal satisfaction you might get from " B" . My reasoning is this, with " A" any link to a larger poaching operation than an individual has an opportunity to be stopped with some serious fines and or jail time. With the scenario you established, this is what is going on, " taking only the money parts" kind of lays the background for that.
My question is, is this a hypothetical question on your part or is it part of an actual incident? If it is part of an actual incident, discrete action on your part may only lead to continued poaching on the same or larger scale. Report them and let the State or Federal game people do their thing.
Old 10-20-2003, 06:14 PM

O.K. so far the A' s have it.Me getting shot ?NOT likely, do you think I' d give them any more of a chance than what they just gave the animal they just murdered?NOT!!!!! Pay backs are a bitch, although I hunt, when it comes to poaching,I stand on the side of our wildlife, an eye for an eye[:@]. Hunting is a natural means of selection[bears,wolves,cougar etc.] Murder for profit is not NATURAL at all. Personally, I think, a few DISABLED poachers could do alot to shrink the rings of " PROFIT HUNTING?????"
Old 10-21-2003, 07:08 AM

GET A ROPE, THATS WHAT THEY USED TO DO
Old 10-21-2003, 09:53 AM

A. + photos (even though a bullet in their tires or truck would be nice to think about there is no need to sink to the level of poachers)

CO regulations advertise that hunters who support " operation game thief" do not have to testify or be identified by name

Quick Reply: CAUGHT A POACHER

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.