Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Isle Royale Moose

Old 01-26-2016, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Isle Royale Moose

I've been to Isle Royale National Park hiking/camping and even went during the Oct rut and called in some tremendous Bulls, what a rush, it's a beautiful place. The wolf moose relationship has been left to itself on the island, to let nature take it's course, it's kind of an experiment they say. But now the last i heard they were down to 3 inbred wolves and the moose were expected to overpopulate and starve out. Some said bring in new wolves, but most said leave it to nature. It makes perfect sense to me that they should have a controlled lottery hunt instead of letting the moose starve out. Eventually the wolves will come back, but as of now wolves have actually left the island 2 years ago when it froze over, they don't seem to want to stay, so why not control the moose with a hunt?
Old 01-26-2016, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Even though the feds have always said that they won't interfere, i suspect they will and it will be some wolves secretly dropped off. We could simply generate some money and food with a hunt.
Old 03-15-2017, 04:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow they are now talking about importing Wolves to the island, the island is down to an old male wolf and his daughter who won't breed.
Old 03-16-2017, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Where is this national park?
Old 03-16-2017, 04:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Rob in VT
Where is this national park?
An island in Lake Superior north of the Michigan UP.
Old 04-08-2017, 05:55 AM
Spike

Angry

In Rocky Mountain National Park, elk were overpopulated a couple years ago and Feds paid "sharpshooters" to cull the herd. So it seems policy usually trumps economics when it comes to National Parks. Don't try to use logic or common sense when these matters come up!
Old 04-30-2017, 04:33 PM
Fork Horn

Yes. They should allow a hunt.