Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

2017 hunt options

Old 11-17-2015, 05:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default 2017 hunt options

I am starting to look for hunt options for my wife and I for 2017, criteria are:

- want to take multiple big game if possible, different species and/or buck/doe or bull/cow
- fine with rifle or bow
- out west somewhere
- Not interested in: Africa, boar, exotics

One thing we discussed is a deer/antelope combo, but given we are FAR from the Western states, not sure what seasons overlap where to allow this to happen.

For example, we did find one place that we could bowhunt deer/rifle hunt antelope, something like that is ideal

Looking for options.
Old 11-17-2015, 05:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would think Wyoming would be a good place to start. You should be able to do a deer and pronghorn hunt there. I would highly recommend that you start accumulating preference points. Having one preference point may make the difference when it comes time to find a unit.

https://wgfd.wyo.gov/web2011/home.aspx
Old 11-17-2015, 08:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Newfoundland for bear, moose and woodland caribou. The only thing is it ain't out west. You can tie deer, elk and bear together in most western states if that tickles your fancy. Or do a combined big game/upland bird hunt.
Old 11-17-2015, 02:21 PM
Dominant Buck

I have been there 3 times in the early 2000's and had a great time and hunt every time. The woodland bou are really something and fun to hunt but the tags are hard to get now or so I have been told.
Old 11-19-2015, 03:58 AM
Spike

How about Spain? The Spanish Ibex, Chamois, Wild sheep, Roebuck, Red Stag.. etc. A great place to go with your wife. Safe, cultural and great sightseeing and amazing game.
Old 11-19-2015, 07:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Caza Hispanica
How about Spain? The Spanish Ibex, Chamois, Wild sheep, Roebuck, Red Stag.. etc. A great place to go with your wife. Safe, cultural and great sightseeing and amazing game.
I've checked into hunting Spain and it is way too expensive for me. I can do Africa for more species and half the price of Spain. I hunted Portugal once and that was good and a lot cheaper than Spain as well.