Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

New hunting show

Old 07-07-2015, 08:49 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
If you want to give the anti's more ammo......... show dogs chasing a bear up a tree, and some so called hunter shooting it out of a tree. That's why it's illegal in Colorado now. Along with baiting. It will be the same in every state at some point.

As for casting stones? It's my right to give my opinion if I want to. I said I wasn't interested in watching it, and i'm not. You disagreeing with that is no better than what I said about bear hunting with dogs. So, how are you any better? You don't think anti's pick up on that?

I'm open minded about other methods too. Hunters are free to hunt as they please as long as it's legal. I'll do nothing to try and stop it, or change the laws. However, I will voice how I feel about it.

btw This has nothing to do with hunting for birds with a dog. The hunters are shooting the birds from the air. Not from a tree.
The comment you made about being illegal in Colorado is hilarious, so the rest of the states should look to Colorado for guidance...LMAO.
Old 07-07-2015, 09:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by mthusker
The comment you made about being illegal in Colorado is hilarious, so the rest of the states should look to Colorado for guidance...LMAO.
No, they don't follow Colorado. They're doing it on their own. The only thing funny is you, and your reading comprehension.

Here's a picture for you to look at. You might understand it better. Light blue is all that's left to use dogs for bears.

Old 07-07-2015, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

The southeast will more than likely be the last bastion for dog running at some point.
Old 07-07-2015, 09:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

What exactly was hilarious about that comment when it was just a statement of fact?! Pete certainly didn't interject anything like you then stated in your post and it looks like all you're doing is coming on this thread to argue. That's rather ironic when you then make statements about hunters sticking together!
Old 07-07-2015, 10:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

The only reason it happened in CO is due to the massive influx from transplanted idiots from CA that began in the mid 1980's. More than 60% of the population of CO right now is within one generation of CA roots. When the outcasts from the Land of the Fruits, lakes and Nuts from CA invaded my home state of CO, they changed it forever and the change was not positive!

CO, unfortunately is now merely the most eastern county of CA. The CO of my cowboy youth is no more.
Old 07-07-2015, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by olsaltydog

Do enjoy Jim Shockey and Meat Eaters Steve Rinella. I think some of the other shows though are just too hung up on ratings and being entertaining versus being authentic. Jeff Foxworthy's show though kinda has to bring a little entertainment just because of who he is. Being authentic will bring more sportsman to the table than the fake or staged shows.
I don't watch much TV, but when I do, it's usually a movie of some sort. We have Pursuit channel on cable here and sometimes, but rarely, I go there to see what's on.

Every year the local Bass Pro has their Fall Classic where members of their pro staff come and speak/teach. I went to one but don't recall whom the speakers were. Anyway, the audience shared similar comments as some posters here. The pro's stated how difficult it was to do each 30 min. program. That team said they averaged 2 weeks worth of video for each 30 segment. Time constraints are a problem when trying to fit in all that content I understand. Unfortunately for them, it's the end result that matters and to me the quality restraints and methods most shows employ are counterproductive.

Last edited by Game Stalker; 07-07-2015 at 10:35 AM.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by flags
The only reason it happened in CO is due to the massive influx from transplanted idiots from CA that began in the mid 1980's. More than 60% of the population of CO right now is within one generation of CA roots. When the outcasts from the Land of the Fruits, lakes and Nuts from CA invaded my home state of CO, they changed it forever and the change was not positive!

CO, unfortunately is now merely the most eastern county of CA. The CO of my cowboy youth is no more.
Edited by JW - rule 8 engaging in a flame war this comment posted was the first stone!

Last edited by JW; 07-08-2015 at 05:31 AM.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

That could be taken two different ways and I'd bet I know which way it will be!
Old 07-07-2015, 12:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Edited by JW Rule 8

Last edited by JW; 07-08-2015 at 05:32 AM.
Old 07-07-2015, 12:00 PM
Fork Horn

[QUOTE=Topgun 3006;4205750]What exactly was hilarious about that comment when it was just a statement of fact?! Pete certainly didn't interject anything like you then stated in your post and it looks like all you're doing is coming on this thread to argue. That's rather ironic when you then make statements about hunters sticking together! [/QUOTE

How was it a statement of fact? It was opinion, just as he stated in his response. The notion that other states would follow Colorado's lead, I find funny. I was originally defending an individuals right to hunt with dogs, if they so want to. You two might see eye to eye on this subject, but there are many points of views regarding it. I DO defend other hunters, that's how this started. YOU are the one guilty of arguing . Read some of your other post, they tend to be very condescending.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.