Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Don't mess with moose

Old 02-03-2015, 09:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Don't mess with moose

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...707386&fref=nf

Last edited by Oldtimr; 02-03-2015 at 09:21 AM.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Moose should have stomped his sorry arse into the dirt. That is clearly a case of harassing wildlife with a motor vehicle.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:51 AM
Fork Horn

I'm for the Moose. What and nut. Up here that would get you a 3000.00 fine caught.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

It is illegal in PA as well. I was rooting for the mose.
Old 02-03-2015, 11:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

As someone who's been attacked by moose when I did nothing wrong. I'm not sure the guy was wrong. He came up on the moose while riding a trail. The moose could have left the trail at anytime. Being a typical moose it decided to stop and attack instead.

It's not like the rider was chasing it through the timber.

Any other animal....deer, elk, bear etc would have just ran off the trail.
Old 02-03-2015, 11:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have to disagree Muley, it appeared the snowmobile riders were trying to catch up to the moose, under the law that is chasing it. The last thing wildlife needs in winter is to burn up needed calories by running because some nitwits thought it would be fun to chase after it with a snowmobile and video it. How much winter fat reserve do you think that moose burned up because of those clowns? Even more egregious if she was carrying a calf. People have the ability to make cognicient decisions, moose do not. Those people could have at any time stopped chasing after that moose, they could have stopped and given it an opportunity to go into the woods. Animals are like people, they take the path of least resistance and it is easier for moose and deer to walk on a road with snow packed down by snowmobile traffic than to walk in the loose snow and in that respect snowmobiling can help wildlife. In my state, there would have been no question about prosecuting those people, it would have happened had they got caught. Of course it would nice for a WCO to see the movie they made of their own antics and present it in court. One should never film themselves violating the law, it could produce a result they were not wanting.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 02-03-2015 at 11:58 AM.
Old 02-03-2015, 12:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'd like to talk to him before condemning him. He might just be a clueless dummy.

He a snowmobiler, and not a hunter. He may not know what he was doing.

If he was chasing it. Then he deserves the scare he got.
Old 02-03-2015, 03:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good golly Pete! First off, they were running down that moose going full bore after him. Couldn't you see him running and them trying to catch up to him? The poor thing finally ran out of gas and had to take a stand and the guy still rode up instead of immediately stopping and giving the bull a chance to retreat. You also have no idea to say the guy or woman who had the pistol weren't hunters even though they weren't hunting at the time. I saw another video of this same sort of harassment and the guy ended up shooting the moose a bunch of times with a handgun and then took off in the video and left it there to die without even calling the DNR. I believe that video was turned into authorities and they may be looking for them. In both instances the people involved should be ticketed!
Old 02-03-2015, 04:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree if that's the case. I just don't like to jump to conclusions. I would have liked to see what led up to what we saw.

Do they deserve a ticket? Yes, of course. Did they realize what they were doing? I'm not sure.

The fact that they put the video out there for all to see shows they're clueless of what they did.
Old 02-03-2015, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd say they were harassing wildlife.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.