Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Colorado Bear Hunt 2014

Old 01-15-2015, 10:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default Colorado Bear Hunt 2014

I went bear hunting for the first time in Colorado last September and was fortunate enough to bag this guy on the last day of my trip. He weighed 195 lbs and isn't a monster by any means but I couldn't have been happier! I love the color on his back. I should have the rug back this spring. I'm a little late getting this posted but I thought I'd still share it.

Old 01-16-2015, 02:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats! They have a lot of color phase bears in Colorado.
Old 01-16-2015, 05:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nothing at all wrong with that bruin. I got one about the same size down by Trinidad many years ago. Mine was more of a dark cinnamon color though. Love the blonge highlights on that one. Where about did you get it at?

I've got 13 bear preference points and am thinking about cashing them in for the Bosque del Oso SWA.
Old 01-16-2015, 11:32 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks! I was in GMU 66, near Alpine Plateau. My family has a cabin in that area with 40 acres that boarders BLM and national forest. We normally only see very dark black bears in that area, so I was pleasantly surprised to see mine was brown and blonde. I think my dad will probably draw the same tag this year. We've had a monster black bear on our game cameras the last two years so it would be nice if he would cross my Dad's path in September.
Old 01-16-2015, 11:34 AM
Fork Horn

I've heard some very impressive things about Bosque del Oso SWA. That would be an awesome tag to have in hand!
Old 01-16-2015, 01:09 PM
Fork Horn

Great job on the bear. I am going elk hunting for the first time then go bear hunting.
Old 01-16-2015, 05:08 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by turkman1
Great job on the bear. I am going elk hunting for the first time then go bear hunting.
That sounds like a great time! Are you doing both in the same year? In Colorado or where?
Old 01-17-2015, 05:42 AM
Fork Horn

Default Westerspeed

Originally Posted by westernspeed
That sounds like a great time! Are you doing both in the same year? In Colorado or where?
Yes, I am turkey hunting in April and scout for elk and bear sign. The town outside of Victor.

Last edited by turkman1; 01-17-2015 at 05:47 AM.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:19 AM
Fork Horn

love the color on that one. id be very happy with a trophy as nice as that