Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Javelina

Old 12-09-2014, 09:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
They were too busy laughing at you!
...Deleted by CalHunter... I already made post #7 showing the two biggest ones of many Dad and I shot down in south Texas. ...Deleted by CalHunter...What should we expect though when he comes on a thread where we're talking under MOA accuracy and he tells us that's not necessary and that he just goes out a few days before deer season and freehands a few at a pie plate and calls it good, LOL! AGAIN

Last edited by CalHunter; 12-09-2014 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Rule # 12.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:23 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Shame on a bunch of you!

Right off the bat using the abbreviated foul language will give some of some time off

the thread is locked as i am slowly getting home as i was just released from the hospital.
to my fellow mods
go right ahead and edit or i will later tonight
JW .........
Old 12-09-2014, 09:54 PM
Super Moderator

JW, I hope you recover quickly my friend. I didn't know you were in the hospital so after prayer on the way. Since you haven't got back to this topic, I'm guessing you're busy recuperating and will pinch hit for you.

As for everybody else, I've edited a LOT of posts and am issuing a GROUP warning--Stop the rules violations!! If you're not sure whether you've violated the rules, review the entire topic. If you see a "...Deleted by CalHunter..." inserted in your post with some of your original text missing, you've violated the rulesand your post has been edited. Any further violations will result in a temp ban.If you have any questions, please PM me.

The topic is now reopened.

JW, prayer has been sent. Get well soon my friend.

CalHunter
Moderator.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:02 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by westMDbowhunter
I checked this website and it was interesting. Alaska definitely rocks for public land. But just a % of land figure got me curious. I found this link (see below) which puts the %'s in better perspective.

http://www.propertyrightsresearch.or...ent_land_o.htm

The above link shows the amount of public land in the thousands of acres. This website uses 2004 data but the other website uses 1991 data.

Using the 2004 data, Maryland has about 475,000 acres of public land (give or take a few acres) compared to over 7 million acres of public land in Texas. Neither data shows the size of individual pieces of public land or quality of hunting but I think the additional #'s give one a somewhat better perspective.

Now ALL of you play ball and play nice (by the rules).

Cal
Old 12-10-2014, 04:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

JW and CAL

As the originator of this thread I would like for either of you to go ahead and delete it. All wanted to do with it was try to get any insight onto some of the public hunting areas in TX for Javelina. However, other members due to immaturity or simply orneriness decided to use it to start a flame war. Such a thread serves no purpose.

Frankly, I'm pretty disgusted with several of you!
Old 12-10-2014, 05:43 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Thank you Calhunter........darn cell phone is all i have and was being bounced around as my dogs missed me and one of my kids and wife was driving me home.
First off...i am as good as it gets...am ok.

Nah flags still lots of good info. We hate editing...... With a little bit of thought alot of that wording......well look at it this way folks.....would you want your 9 or 10 yr old talking like that or reading that????

JW
Old 12-10-2014, 08:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by JW
Thank you Calhunter........darn cell phone is all i have and was being bounced around as my dogs missed me and one of my kids and wife was driving me home.
First off...i am as good as it gets...am ok.

Nah flags still lots of good info. We hate editing...... With a little bit of thought alot of that wording......well look at it this way folks.....would you want your 9 or 10 yr old talking like that or reading that????

JW
No comment, other than to hear that you're okay!!!
Old 12-10-2014, 08:19 AM
Super Moderator

I understand and appreciate your gesture flags but with over 7 million acres of public land in Texas, somebody has to know about public hunting for javelinas. You might shoot a PM to NorthTexas or a couple other Texas members who would likely know more on where to go. If nothing else, I've read about how Texas uses helicopters to kill pigs cause there so numerous and cause so much crop damage. With that kind of setup, there may be some private landowners who are willing to let you hunt javelinas and hogs for free as long as you leave their deer, etc. alone.

NT and some of the other Texas members, can you guys chime in on this topic? Thx.
Old 12-10-2014, 08:44 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by CalHunter
I understand and appreciate your gesture flags but with over 7 million acres of public land in Texas, somebody has to know about public hunting for javelinas. You might shoot a PM to NorthTexas or a couple other Texas members who would likely know more on where to go. If nothing else, I've read about how Texas uses helicopters to kill pigs cause there so numerous and cause so much crop damage. With that kind of setup, there may be some private landowners who are willing to let you hunt javelinas and hogs for free as long as you leave their deer, etc. alone.

NT and some of the other Texas members, can you guys chime in on this topic? Thx.
This is why I suggested the hogs forum, thinking they would be the one that really knew what was what!!! Kinda sorry i did !! LOL!!!!
Old 12-10-2014, 02:43 PM
Fork Horn

...Deleted by CalHunter...

Last edited by CalHunter; 12-11-2014 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Continued rules violation after group warning. 1-day temp ban.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.