Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Eva Shockey - class act

Old 11-19-2014, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Eva Shockey - class act

Seems she shot a monster bear and was vilified on facebook. She handled it with fox news very well.

Daughter of Jim Shockey, and a good role model for young ladies looking to get into hunting.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/389499507...#sp=show-clips

And some lucky guy has put a rock on her finger!
Old 11-19-2014, 07:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm on her side, but she could of avoided it by not posting the picture.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:21 AM
Fork Horn

Why wouldn't she post the picture? She's proud of her accomplishment. Hiding your kill from people to avoid conflict feels wrong to me. Isn't that how her and her dad make their living? Hard to be a professional hunter if you never show anyone the animals you hunt.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Then expect the abuse she took. It's the way things are now.

Did she shoot the bear on the hunting show? Wasn't that enough of showing it? I've watched her shoot plenty of game on the show.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I despise the Shockey's....I watched one show where they were bear hunting and they/she shot a bear clearly low as it jumped up and you see hair flying....Her dad said that it was a clean miss. They didnt even bother to go look as the next scene she shot another bear. I wont watch any shows of his for this reason. also his name endorsed blackpowder stuff is absolute crap...not his fault necessarily but yet another reason to dislike him.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:42 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Then expect the abuse she took. It's the way things are now.

Did she shoot the bear on the hunting show? Wasn't that enough of showing it? I've watched her shoot plenty of game on the show.
I don't think she was too concerned with the "abuse" she took. She addressed it well. Showing it just on the show probably isn't enough when hunting is your business. Her posting it on facebook is the same as advertising the show with a TV commercial or magazine ad. Good marketing on her part. You know she's loving all the free publicity she's getting because of this.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

The anti's are the radicals that are too much of a coward to get their own food. They hire the assassin to do it for them, then go to the supermarket to purchase their food. They should take a tour through an abattoir and see how the commercial meat industry works. Much more brutal than any hunter on the planet. Let them see a deer taken by a cougar, or a moose by a grizzly, and they will see the meaning of truly evil. I don't really know why I bother, as they are a narrow minded bunch that doesn't have a clue as to the real world and how it works. I would rather eat wild than domestic. Much healthier, not a steroid enhanced dinner with enough antibiotics to drop an elephant.
Old 11-19-2014, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by westernspeed
Why wouldn't she post the picture? She's proud of her accomplishment. Hiding your kill from people to avoid conflict feels wrong to me. Isn't that how her and her dad make their living? Hard to be a professional hunter if you never show anyone the animals you hunt.
+1
Hunting is ethical and needs to be shown as such. Hiding this fact will only help invalidate hunting. The world is full of critics. We can't allow them the upperhand.
Old 11-19-2014, 01:08 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by redgreen
The anti's are the radicals that are too much of a coward to get their own food. They hire the assassin to do it for them, then go to the supermarket to purchase their food. They should take a tour through an abattoir and see how the commercial meat industry works. Much more brutal than any hunter on the planet. Let them see a deer taken by a cougar, or a moose by a grizzly, and they will see the meaning of truly evil. I don't really know why I bother, as they are a narrow minded bunch that doesn't have a clue as to the real world and how it works. I would rather eat wild than domestic. Much healthier, not a steroid enhanced dinner with enough antibiotics to drop an elephant.
I agree with everything your saying but I dont consider a predator (cougar,grizzly etc.) killing for a meal any more evil than me when I shoot a deer to eat but certainly more violent.
Old 11-19-2014, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by grinder67
I agree with everything your saying but I dont consider a predator (cougar,grizzly etc.) killing for a meal any more evil than me when I shoot a deer to eat but certainly more violent.
By evil, I meant the viciousness of the attack on their intended meal. I have seen bear attacks that were totally evil. Same with the cougar. I have seen them take down deer and sheep and it takes 5 to 10 minutes for their prey to die. I have seen deer taken down by wolves, and it is still alive while they are eating it. Nature is cruel and only the strongest and the most vicious survive for this reason.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.