Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Moose Call

Old 09-15-2014, 08:54 AM
Spike

Default Moose Call

Hey, anyone know a video, or instructions on how to do a moose call? WOuld they vary greatly by reagion or more or less the same?
Old 09-15-2014, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Check Youtube. Lots of vid's there.
Old 09-21-2014, 11:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by HuntingRight
Hey, anyone know a video, or instructions on how to do a moose call? WOuld they vary greatly by reagion or more or less the same?
Moose calling veries by the time of the year you are hunting them.. Example would be September a bull grunt will work out fine for you.. Then during October a cow call will work fine for you and the bull grunt is mostly ignored by the bigger bulls..
Old 10-07-2014, 01:53 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Phil from Maine
Moose calling veries by the time of the year you are hunting them.. Example would be September a bull grunt will work out fine for you.. Then during October a cow call will work fine for you and the bull grunt is mostly ignored by the bigger bulls..

Phil, how were the moose taken numbers over by your neck of the woods in the Sept. hunt? Very respectable numbers in District 2. - Jay
Old 10-07-2014, 03:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have not checked as of yet as this week they are hunting as well. I will state I have not seen an awful lot of hunters out.. Only a small handful in the areas i hunt in?? I am thinking they are mostly heading out towards Tohmah country which is a decent place to hunt them.. I will do some checking into it to see what i can find out after this week passes.. Thanks Jay..

I have been away last week to the Fryeburg Fair and also tied up with the Save Maine's Bear Hunt campaign right now.. It looks as though we will be winning this once again.. But, as we all know we can not win this until the last vote has been counted..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 10-07-2014 at 03:29 AM.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:50 AM
Spike

I hope you're right Phil about the vote. I've been passing the word but am encountering some "Yessers" down here in York County. Lots of "Trust Our Biologists" signage here though.
Old 10-10-2014, 04:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

I hope i am right to and from that last stats I have seen we are ahead but only by like a 3 percent margin so it surely is going to be a close call.. We also are aware that these polls do not tell everything and a margin that small could surely result in a loss for us. But i have faith we will prevail..

On another note from what I have gathered so far.. There has been a decent amount of bulls being taken out of this zone so far.. I saw quite a few fresh signs yesterday bow hunting as well up around the otter brook road.. So your friend aught to be able to get one out of 19.. If he doesn't he does not have the right people lined up that is for sure..
Old 10-15-2014, 04:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

Going on our 3rd day of the second season of the moose hunt here and there is a lot of people still empty handed.. I tried to explain to one group that a bull call will not work right now and they need to stick with just a cow call. The did not believe so oh well what else can you say other than good luck on that one..

Right now all the polls are showing the no votes are leading the way on our bear hunting referedum!! Yeah !! But, we all know it is not over until the last ballot has been accounted for.. But, yes it looks good for us at the moment..