Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Bear hunt questions

Old 08-07-2014, 02:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

A lot of folks say bears are easy to kill, even with small calibers, as long as shot placement is good. BUT....shot placement on a bear is tricky. They look like a black blob, at all angles. Ask a guide, a lot of bears have been shot "behind the shoulder" but are actually hit too far back. Also, the difference between a small bear and a HUGE bear could be 800 pounds. I would rather have enough gun for the biggest bear I could possibly see than have an adequate gun for the smallest.
Old 08-09-2014, 05:47 AM
Spike

I am going to Maine for Black Bear next month. I will be using 180 grain 308. I'll let you all know.
Old 08-09-2014, 07:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308
A lot of folks say bears are easy to kill, even with small calibers, as long as shot placement is good. BUT....shot placement on a bear is tricky.
Not really. The secret is to come straight up the leg to the lower third of the chest. This shot breaks the shoulder and get the vitals. If the bear isn't broadside the target will be the far shoulder and not the near shoulder but the hold is the same. Bear have smaller lungs than a deer so a shot a couple of inches behind the shoulder will often miss the lungs but if you stick a well made bullet in the shoulder the bear is a goner.
Old 08-30-2014, 12:21 AM
Spike

Hi everyone,
here i have new prospective to go with the hunting.As i personally feel that when we were in search of the peace or willing to spent some time with our selves..... I used to do fishing,outdoor adventure.... Which give me lots of pleasure. As every one has its own and different point of view.As i got such inspiration from camostorm . For your concern just go through it http://camostorm.com/category/outdoors/