Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
DIY Wyoming Antelope hunt on Public land? >

DIY Wyoming Antelope hunt on Public land?

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

DIY Wyoming Antelope hunt on Public land?

Old 06-24-2018, 08:09 AM
Super Moderator

I didn't draw this year, but should just about be a guarantee next year I believe.

-Jake
Old 01-20-2019, 06:56 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by wytex
I agree. Just find a two track and off you go. No need to pay any landowners. Plenty of BLM and state land for hunting. The SE corner of the state has great conditions for horn growth this year and had a mild winter. If we do not get a late heavy wet snow during the fawning season we will be sitting pretty for big goats here. The units with mostly public land are harder to draw but many areas with less BLM offer great hunting just takes some effort.

What unit do you recommend for a combination of accessibility and ease of draw, that also has opportunity for seeing animals?
Old 01-21-2019, 05:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sangamoboy
What unit do you recommend for a combination of accessibility and ease of draw, that also has opportunity for seeing animals?
I am guessing you do not have any preference points so you are going to need a bit of luck. Look over the Wyoming draw results on their site for the past year and find units that required no points. You can see pronghorns in any of the units, but in the easy draw units they will likely be on private land. Most fellows use a chip in their gps or an app on their phone to locate public land and possible access anymore.

If you are one of the very few lucky people you can draw any unit in the state in the general draw. That may be a tough way to go but it is possible.
Old 02-06-2019, 08:29 AM
Spike