Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Giant Elk Hunt (Free Range) >

Giant Elk Hunt (Free Range)

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Giant Elk Hunt (Free Range)

Old 06-04-2014, 12:15 PM
Spike

Default Giant Elk Hunt (Free Range)

Check out this giant bull from Utah:

http://youtu.be/Ay5PP0cncjI
Old 06-04-2014, 12:22 PM
Fork Horn

was that on a fenced in ranch?
Old 06-04-2014, 01:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

The Mossback Outfitter bunch doesn't guide on high fenced places to the best of my knowledge. The guy that killed that bull (Will Farrar) has more money than he knows what to do with it and he or that pretty blonde wife of his (Heather) usually buy a CMU tag or two every year to hunt the best ranches in Utah that produce bulls like that video. Add in the Mossback crew that goes out and scouts all year and you get results like that bull. One additional note is that the guide who works for Doyle Moss, owner of Mossback, who came running up to Will and the bull has been found guilty of numerous game law violations in several western states. If you were on the various western hunting sites that I'm on, there are all kinds of stories about him and his shady ways of doing things just for the sake of taking big game trophies.
Old 06-04-2014, 03:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Any bull taken by Mossback is very suspect in my eyes. They are a pretty shady outfit. They produce big bulls and big buck mulies but in my opinion they do not do it in an ethical manner. I wouldn't do a hunt with them even if it was free.
Old 06-04-2014, 04:30 PM
Fork Horn

The bull looks too perfect to be natural. Something fishy
Old 06-04-2014, 05:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bikerman9967
The bull looks too perfect to be natural. Something fishy
***Don't know what you mean by "too perfect", as it's a huge nontypical. Free range bulls like that are not unheard of out in Utah and Arizona where they grow some really big ones on low fenced places and public land to boot!