HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Big Game Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting-6/)
-   -   Trophy Rooms / Man Caves (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting/391272-trophy-rooms-man-caves.html)

Salmonella 04-26-2014 03:51 PM

Trophy Rooms / Man Caves

Anyone willing to share photos of your rooms?
I need some new ideas for my modest room and would love to see what you guys have done with yours.
Thanks in advance for sharing.....

buffybr 04-26-2014 05:49 PM

About 25 years ago I added an approximate 30'x35' two story addition to my house. The top floor is one open room with 10' side walls and a 14' high ceiling center. That is my main Trophy Room, but unfortunately, it wasn't big enough. I've expanded into my Living Room, and I have plans to remodel it with more wall space.

Here's some pics of my main Trophy Room.

Left side of the east wall...

Right side of the east wall. It includes a wet bar with a small refrigerator.

Left side of the south wall...

Right side of the south wall...

The center of the west wall...

The left side of the north wall...

And the left side of the north wall...

wyomingtrapper 04-26-2014 06:18 PM

buffybr,
You've been busy! Great collection of trophies.

RJPOUTDOORS 04-27-2014 10:45 AM

I hope to one day have that many critters in my trophy room.

Topgun 3006 04-27-2014 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by RJPOUTDOORS (Post 4136785)
I hope to one day have that many critters in my trophy room.

Good luck, as most of us don't have enough money to even pay for the taxidermy fees in that room!

buffybr 04-27-2014 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006 (Post 4136809)
Good luck, as most of us don't have enough money to even pay for the taxidermy fees in that room!

I'll agree that I'm probably one of my taxidermist's best clients. I've kept track of my taxidermy costs, and the cost of all of the mounts in that room plus the other 9 mounts that I have total less than the cost of a new Ford or Chevy pickup. I made all of the pedestal bases for the pedestal mounts.

Most of the North American animals that I have mounted (all of the deer, antelope, elk, moose, bighorn sheep, mountain goat, black bear, Alaskan caribou, birds, and fish) I got on DIY hunts on public land. The taxidermy on each of those mounts cost me more than each of the hunts. The Alaskan caribou cost me air fare and a nonresident license, but all of those other animals listed only cost me gas money and resident Colorado or Montana licenses.

As for the Trophy Room and the living quarters under it, I did probably 70-80% of the construction work myself. Basically everything except the carpeting. I hired a couple of $10/hr laborers (25 years ago) to help me with the concrete, carpentry, sheetrock, and windows, and a few guys from work helped me raise the glue-lam beams. That put the total cost of that house addition at about 25-30% of what it would have cost me if I had hired a contractor to do the work.

deercreekhunter 04-27-2014 05:51 PM

my man cave

These are some of the trophys in my man cave.

fzo 05-06-2014 05:35 AM

really nice trophies

Muley Hunter 05-06-2014 08:21 AM

Personally, i'd take the new truck.

Sheridan 05-07-2014 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006 (Post 4136809)

First thing that came to my mind !!!

I thought maybe you took some pictures while you were at Cabela's - LOL :rock:

Congratulations Buffy....... I am sure you have had many memorial hunts !!!